None flip to flip key question.

phatnax

Oct 2, 2015
I've been trying to program a key to my leon cupra tdi 2004. I have the 2 original none flip keys that came with the car. I Bought a blank 2 button flip key off eBay. Also bought a used flip key. I got the blank cut which works for manually locking/unlocking and starting the car. I've taken the board out of the used flip key and put it in the new shell. I've also taken the transponder out of my original key and put it in the new shell so I have a full key.

Now the bit that I'm stuck at. I've tried the put the key in the ignition so lights are on take out within 5 seconds and 3 second method. Hold lock and press unlock 3 times. The key flashes 5 times but does not lock or unlock using the buttons.

I've also tried the use original key in the ignition while locking and pressing the unlock button.

Nothing has worked up to now. Any suggestions. Or am I missing something or doing something wrong.

Klaus71

Sep 22, 2015
Minehead
Like yourself I spent ages trawling through mountains of posts all suggesting links to other links to other posts. It gets very confusing.

Eventually borrowed a friends car manual and carried out the following word for word:

To synchronise the key again the following procedure must be followed
1. Both vehicle keys, the key with the radio transmitter (A) and the conventional key (B) must be present.

2. The synchronisation process must be completed within 30 seconds

3. Use key (B to switch on the ignition and key (A) to program

4. Make sure that the vehicle is open before you proceed to the programming.

5. Place key (B) in the ignition and switch on

6. Use key (A) to lock the drivers door manually

7. Now unlock and lock manually the drivers door with key (A) whilst pressing the Open button on the central locking portion of the key to be programmed.

8. take the key out of the ignition.

I had a single key with the immobiliser chip but broken central locking portion.
Purchased an ebay blank, got that cut by a local locksmith
Use the un-programmed (immobiliser wise) newly cut key as the conventional key (B) and transferred the central locking part to the original blade with immobilser chip (A).
Carry out the above instructions and hey presto, central locking sorted.

I'm not sure If I had a couple of issues with this in the sense that the alarm kept going off. If this is the case, swap keys over so the immobiliser chipped key is in the ignition and conventional key manually locks the car. At the end of the day, as long as you have the central locking part in your hand with the Open button pushed when you manually unlock and lock the car, it should work.

Good luck

P.S. I hope I haven't added to the hundreds of other 'guaranteed methods' that work for this problem!!

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
The above method is stated in your car manual and it's what I used when I upgraded to a flip key, just remember to open your drivers window as it makes it quicker to carry out the functions ;)

phatnax

Oct 2, 2015
I still can't get the fob to unlock or lock the car using the fob. I've tried all the methods quite a few times to no avail. The light flashes on the key to say it's been programed but it's still not working.

The transponder works fine as it's from my original key.
Because the pcb board is from another car could that be the problem.

I've just got a vagcom cable today. Could I use that to sync the pcb to my car.

aceman

May 6, 2002
West Yorkshire
Visit site
I think you diagnosed your problem in your second post. There are some varients of fobs that operated on different frequencies and if your fob doesnt match you wont have a cat in hells chance of getting the car to recognise it.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.