Noob ibiza owner mk2 in need of help

mk2gti_andy

NEVER OWNED AN IBIZA BEFORE BUT IVE JUST GOT A STANDARD 2.0 8V GTI CUPRA. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW LOW IT CAN GO ON ITS STANDARD WHEELS PLEASE JUST WITH A SET OF SPRINGS NOT COILOVERS. I NEED TO KNOW AND I SIMPLY CANT FIND THE ANSWER ANYWHERE TO....

* HOW LOW CAN IT GO ON SPRINGS ON STANDARD ALLOYS WITHOUT BEEN DAFT LOW
* PRICE OF A DECENT EXHAUST AND WHERE TO GET IT(BACK BOX ONLY)
* DECENT INDUCTION KIT AND WHERE TO GET IT(PIPERCROSS STILL ANY GOOD?)

OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS OF "ESSENTIAL MUST DO MODS" THANKS ANDY:rolleyes:

Kai_1600

Shallow
Dec 10, 2005
Manchester
#1 THATS HARD TO ANSWER BECAUSE LOTS OF PEOPLE ON HERE HAVE MANAGED TO LIVE WITH DAFT LOW FOR AGES
#2 TRY AND LAY YOUR HANDS ON A MK3 CUPRA BACKBOX AND A REDUCER PIPE
#3 JUST DRILL THE COLD SIDE OF THE AIRBOX AND GET A PANEL FILTER

Oh, and try turning caps lock off. It's so much easier to read with punctuation and the capitals in the right places. :)

mk2gti_andy

Sorry kai about the caps and i was not trying to be a knob by saying daft low, it just in the past on all other cars ive had them a little to low for the speed bumps and pot hole roads near me, resulting in things pinging through my arch as ive hit a bump to hard been to low. Thanks for the help on panel filter, and exhaust i'll look into that. As for lowering on the standard 16" i was thinking 40mm, will that chip away the huge gap in the arch or do i need lower? thanks for any help you can advise, Andy

skwaggles

vtr btr :)
Jan 27, 2010
canterbury, kent
hi mate. should be able to get an easy 60 mil drop without any probs. if you have a look on vngtx's page, you'll see his is dropped 60 mil and sits at a good height. i've got 120 mil at the back and 70 at the front and is still useable enough. just depends how crap the roads round your way are.

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
don't decat your 8v
the main feature of the 8v is having power lower down the rev range
a decat will move this torque band higher up...defeating the purpose of having a 8v!

vngtx

i reckon i could go down another 20mm at rear without any clearance issues. so would be 60 front 80 rear.

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
Remember that the 8v/16vs are already 15mm lower than a 1.4 as standard anyway. And every company only makes there springs for the any model/engine size in the range. So a 60mm set of springs is 60mm on a 1.4, but its only 45mm on an 8v/16v.

Just something to bare in mind.

Definetely go for a Mk3 cupra backbox. Good fit (even on my 1.4) and a good sound. Nothing too loud or over the top.

vngtx

Remember that the 8v/16vs are already 15mm lower than a 1.4 as standard anyway. And every company only makes there springs for the any model/engine size in the range. So a 60mm set of springs is 60mm on a 1.4, but its only 45mm on an 8v/16v.

Just something to bare in mind.

Definetely go for a Mk3 cupra backbox. Good fit (even on my 1.4) and a good sound. Nothing too loud or over the top.

i was just about to type all that in another thread :lol: