Not a happy bunny.........

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Well today i finally got round to fitting my Porsche front calipers, Ultramax discs, Ferrodo DS2500 pads and goodridge braided hoses :D.
All was going too well........then I went to bleed the brakes, as I've done to numerous other cars, and now my brake pedal just goes all the wy to he floor with what sounds like a sucking sound :cry:
My head is spinning from all the different posts of how to bleed the brakes, so now I don't know who is right or what to do..........am well pi**ed off as I've been looking forward to doin this :censored:

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Might need to bleed at the cylinder my good fellow, thats what the mechanic did to mine, and hes said hes never needed to do that before. But it worked!!

Jimski

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Cheers jimski, will go back out after some food and have another look, you don't happen to know if the master cylinder is difficult to bleed ?

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Not hard at all fella, from what i saw just awkward cus i had a strut brace on! was just a normal nipple whilst the pressure bleeder was on,

Jimski

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Not hard at all fella, from what i saw just awkward cus i had a strut brace on! was just a normal nipple whilst the pressure bleeder was on,

Jimski

Just been out to look at M/C and can't find where I'm suppose to bleed from - any ideas? :shrug: anyone................

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
nice pics and well done fella
what hoses did you get as, want to change mine when upgrade to 312? i got of a tt
and don't say goodridge or i'll punch something/body ;)

I got the hoses supplied from Dave Brown when I got my carriers, they are Goodridge :lol: but fit between leon and Porsche calipers.
They didn't have any part number on them, sorry mate :shrug:

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Finally I'm now a happy bunny..........the brakes are all bled thru - courtesy of local Skoda dealer and spot on techie :D
Gingerly drove home just to be gentle with them and bloody hell, I hardly need to touch the pedal and she just wants to stop dead - WOOHOO ;)