not running properly

kevvick

I have just fitted a new engine to a leon cupra 02 that i bought as a project and the engine had already been removed, i have got it going but it does not seem to be pulling properly, the engine management light was on so i bought a code reader and there was 17 codes, i cleared them ,took it for a run and it had 3 codes but no light on,codes are-
16487- mass or volume air flow circuit high input, may be due to low
17748- camshaft/crankshaft position sensors out of or sequence
17963- cant find any description for this one.

the traction control light also comes on and stays on if you give it some welly,not sure if it is supposed to do this as it only comes on when booting it,

im new to these cars and was wondering if anyone has any ideas about what it could be.:think::cry:

cheers

kev

jamiebennett81

not a clue, but interested to find out though from the more technical bunch on here

first code I would say is an issue with the MAF....

jwfcms

Sep 14, 2008
UK Yorkshire
that fault code sounds like the timing is slightly out maybe as its saying they arnt in sync. has it been rebuilt or timing belt changed seen as its a project engine. or could be just a faulty sensor.. but its saying the timing is out of sync.

and air flow sensor fault.

kevvick

at low revs you can feel it starting to pull ok then at about 2500-3000 rpm the power drops off and it does not really start to pull again untill around 4500-5000 rpm but even when it does this its still very underpowered.And i fitted the timing belt kit with the engine out of the car and checked and double checked marks before i fitted the engine so im fairly sure the timing is ok, which one is the crankshaft position sensor and also the cam position sensor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members