OBD11 How To Section

• Thread starter Deleted member 103408
  • Start date

Deleted member 103408

I am starting a new How To guide for OBD11 Users, This section has nothing to do with the coding you use purely how to do stuff in the application.

The tool currently only supports VAG Group cars but they are working on including other manufacturers as well.

REMINDER ALWAYS TAKE A BACKUP BEFORE MAKING CHANGES TO YOUR CAR.

This tool talks to your car via Bluetooth but also needs a good internet connection as the history and apps etc are all stored off phone. Live data will stop recording if you dont have a good data connection so be warned.

This first Page will be used as an Index and I will add separate sections as I go along with detail of how to do various things using the tool.

All the screen shots are taken from an Android Phone but in 2019 IOS Phones will be able to use this tool as well.

1/ How to remove items from your History list (and get them back again if you need them)

2/ How to view your Long Coding even if you are not connected to the car.

3/ Manuals

4/ Your Profile - Statistics and Wallet (including Credits)

5/ Long Coding

6/ Gauges

7/ History

8/ Control Unit overview

8b/ Offline Control Units

9/ Parts Market (Beta)

10/ Buying and Selling

11/ Live Data

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 103408

How to remove items from your History list (and get them back again if you need them)

Every time you make a change to your car it is recorded in your History table.

Firstly please note the history is not held on your phone rather its on the OBD11 Servers

In this example you can see I have made a change to my Heated seats memory and changed the settings using an App from ON for 10 minutes to ON.
This was done to test out the new software release and make sure stuff still worked so I do not need to keep this in my Active History view.

1/ Select the Car you want to edit in your Garage

2/ Select the Item (eg the Heated seat change) you want to remove from your Active History View

3/ Select the Archive Button (top right hand corner of the individual item)
1.jpg

The Bottom of the Screen will now display the following message

Screenshot 2018-11-13 at 14.15.09.png

Select the REMOVE Link and then the message will change to Archived

Screenshot 2018-11-13 at 14.17.21.png

and you will now not see this change in your Active History View

HOW DO I CHANGE MY SETTINGS SO I CAN SEE ALL MY HISTORY

Very simple

From your History option select the Filter Menu (upside down arrow on top bar)

Screenshot 2018-11-13 at 14.19.35.png

There are lots of different Filters (to be documented in another section) but for the purpose of this section you will notice the Show archived is turned off. If you want to see all the history items then just turn the Show archived to On and everything will be displayed.

Screenshot 2018-11-13 at 14.24.21.png

Deleted member 103408

HOW TO VIEW YOUR LONG CODING EVEN WHEN THE CAR IS NOT CONNECTED

The following function allows you to look at your cars long coding but you have to be connected to the car to make any changes to the actual settings.

There is one exception and that is the ability to add labels to Long Coding but that will be covered under a separate section

Sitting in your Living Room (room is not important just a good internet connection)

1/ From the Garage select the car you wish to look at

2/ Select Control Units

You will now get the following screen, the big difference to your normal screen is the Control Unit numbers are in a White Circle rather than the Normal Green, Red or Black.

Screenshot 2018-11-13 at 14.48.51.png

Select the Control Unit you want to see the long coding for and you will get the following screen

Screenshot 2018-11-13 at 14.50.41.png

Select Long Coding and you will now see this screen (if the control unit has both shortcut and full long coding)

The shortcut version just has a simple list view but does not show ALL Long Coding options.

Screenshot 2018-11-13 at 14.52.25.png

From this screen change the view to 1 (Standard Long Coding )
You will now get the following error message

Attention

Description data are provede by other users and may be inaccur-ate.
If you see inaccuracy you can provide your descriptions by clicking relevant button

You can ask for this not to be show again by using the tick box.

You will now see the Proper Long Coding view showing all the Bits and Bytes and you can navigate around this screen using the Left and Right arrows at the bottom of the screen or by typing in the Bit number you want to see.

Screenshot 2018-11-13 at 14.55.31.png

Reactions: Maypack

Deleted member 103408

Manuals

Work in Progress.

But in summary you can now add a manual to your car.

From the Garage select your Car

From the following menu select Manuals

If there are no manuals then you will get the following screen

Select the Green / White cross button (bottom right and the following screen will be displayed to allow you to start creating a new manual for the car.

Please note in a recent update the above screen now has a Public on off button so you can create a manual that only you can see or all owners of your car can see.

Firstly give your manual a name (top left of the screen)

Select a language (from the drop down list)

Enter Title

Then enter the text you want to share in the manual - please note at this stage it appears that hyperlinks are not enabled in the text.

You have to give a picture to the manual and you can also have a picture for each card.

Once you have completed that just hit the save button.

If you have a pre-facelift Cupra then you will see a manual I have created that has the following sections

Service Intervals
Manuals
History (of the car)
Issues to watch out for.

Deleted member 103408

Your Profile, Statistics and Wallet (Including Credits)

From the main menu when you select Profile you will see the screen below

Screenshot 2018-11-13 at 15.36.53.png

Select Statistics and you will get the following screen

What the screen shows you is a simple count of what you have done using OBD11 since they started doing these stats.

Screenshot 2018-11-13 at 15.30.03.png

Select Wallet and you will then see the following screen

In version 0.9.4 the credit system was changed to be part of the Wallet.

This screen will show you the total number of credits you have purchased (paid real cash for)
The total number of credits you have got for free
and the total number of credits you have used (to purchase apps).

Underneath that you will see an event list (showing the latest at the top) which will have three different descriptsion

Purchased - These are the credits I have paid for via Google
Daily Bonus - this is the free credit you get each day you log on to the app
Ad bonus - this is the free credit you get when you watch the great and exciting adverts that google provide.

As before you get a total of 6 free credits a day (1 for logging on each day and 5 for looking at the adverts)

Finally for this bit of the update if you select any of the listed items it will show you Date and Time that Credit was added to your account.

If you want to buy more credits or get more free credits then select the green cross button (bottom right of the screen)
This will then bring up the following screen

as previously you can buy 10, 100, 500 Credits
You can go for the free credits if you have not got the lot for the day
And if you have a code you can enter this here (Use Code)

Free Credits work in the same way as they did before 0.9.4 in that you Select Get Free Credit from the above screen and then watch the video, some are long some short. There are also issues where the Google Server is busy or just dont like you and then you will get an error message.

Reactions: kanyewest

Deleted member 103408

Long Coding

Thanks to DV52, Matthew, Admin and phantoma6 who started this all off.
Seen a number of people having a problem understanding the long coding and how to read the backups so added the following notes.

Firstly thanks to phantoma6 for the insight obdeleven.proboards.com/post/8896/quote/1238

So the change I am going to show you is to disable my rear fog light (just to show a simple change and how you can read it)

Enable indicator Rear fog
With this modification we can visualize in the box snitch when we put the rear lights.
1 - Module 09 - Electronic. Code (31347)
2 - Extended coding (Mode Bytes)
3 - Byte 7
4 - Disable Bit 4 - I have changed this to disable as it was already enabled on my car.

Following the details above we select Module 09 and then take the long coding option from the main control unit screen.

You will be given the Long Coding screen as you can see in the picture below to edit Byte and Bit you need to select 1

On the top of the screen you can see a code OBOO1B46C34102F3OBA440 ETC

You can also see on the second line of the white box that we are currently on Byte 00 as you press the blue arrow at the bottom you will go through the various bytes.
Below that you can see the BIT sections, since the last change some of the Bits have a text description to help you with your coding but in simple terms each
tick box is a bit starting from 0 so in this picture you have Bit 0 Steering, Bit 1 Right hand Drive, Bit 2 Manufacturer, Bit 3 Seat, Bit 4 has no description.

This is important as what you will see in your history when you change any of these values will have OBOO1B46C34102F3OBA440 ETC
as you tick each of the bit boxes the HEX number will change.

Select Long Coding
From Main Screen
Long Coding Screen

So as per the instruction we want to change Bit 4 in Byte 7.

The Below screen shot shows you Byte 7 and all its bits.

As you can see we have changed Bit 4 from Activated (Hex F3) to Deactivated (Hex E3)

Before we made the change
After we made the change

We then press the green tick and the change is saved.

If you then go to the History section you will see the following, this shows us that Byte 7 value has changed from F3 to E3.

To be clear the new value is made up as follows

Byte 00 = OB
Byte 01 = 00
Byte 02 = 1B
Byte 03 = 46
Byte 04 = C2
Byte 05 = 41
Byte 06 = 02
Byte 07 = E3
ETC

please go to the bottom of the page for more info on how to convert the HEX Value into a value you will see on the screen.

Download the HEX CONVERTER

If you use the above excel file it will convert the Hex value into a simple screen shot of the OBD11 Screen.

Please make sure you are happy it shows the correct value before making any changes to your setup and always always take backups / screen shots if you are not sure.

For those of you who dont have access to Excel go to this site www.mathsisfun.com/binary-decimal-hexadecimal-converter.html

Enter in the Hex Number (example E3) and it will give you a Binary Number back (11100011)

To read this you go from Right to Left, where 1 = a tick and 0 = Blank.

Therefore you should expect to see on the screen the following
Number is 11100011

BIT 0 = Tick 1
BIT 1 = Tick 1
BIT 2 = Blank 0
BIT 3 = Blank 0
BIT 4 = Blank 0
BIT 5 = Tick 1
BIT 6 = Tick 1
BIT 7 = Tick 1

Remember you read the number starting at the right hand side which will equal the first number on the Long Coding Screen.

All details of Changes or comments posted by me that are made by you are at your own risk - Take Backups

coding from history can be reverted by following this steps:

1/ Go to History

2/ Select the History item with the long coding you wish to revert to and click on old value that you want to restore (the coding will be copied to clipboard)

3/ go to Long coding and click on any byte of the coding (white box) at top of the screen

4/ From the options select paste coding and press OK

5/ The changes will be highlighted in Green until you select the green tick box which will write the value

If you want to revert only one byte:

Go to History > count byte which was changed > check old value in HEX > go to Long coding > press on Hex value > enter value in HEX > press OK > write value to control unit

Pictures and more details to follow

Quick Way to get to the byte you are trying to look at or adapt.

From the main long coding screen click on the Byte 00 in top left hand corner
Following Screen is displayed

Enter the byte number you want to look at or update
And now you are at Byte 07 so you can make your changes

Quick way to get to a Hex

Click on Hex in top right of screen
Enter the Hex value that you want to go look at / update

and you will be taken directly to the screen you want.

Deleted member 103408

GAUGES

If you Car system supports it then the application has two different live / Fixed data options, this section deals only with the Gauges item.

From the login screen go to Garage, Select the car you want to look at (It is possible to have multiple cars shown here and you can list them Name, Year, Created or Updated)

In the My Car menu you will now see an option called Gauges (see below)

If you are not connected to the car via the dongle you will be displayed with a list of all the Gauges that are available but once you have connected to the car you will only be offered the items that are relevant to your car.

As you can see the Gauges list just provides you with a list (you are only able to look at one item at a time unlike Live data where you can have many different items on the same screen)

The data that is shown is a combination of fixed data (like fuel type) and live data (eg values change when your car changes).

^^^^This is not the complete list just an example of what it looks like.

If you android device is not connected to the car then when you select one of the Gauges you will get NOT CONNECTED in the output section.

Please also not that you can change the size of the text in the output box by clicking on the T sign top right of screen.

Below are two examples of a Fixed and Live Data Gauge.

Fixed Data - Fuel Type

Simple screen that shows you the options and what your car has.

So this example tells you that my car runs on Petrol.
Live Data - Battery Voltage

This screen shows you the current voltage that the battery is producing and at the same time
gives you some limits that warn you if there is an issue.

Deleted member 103408

HISTORY

As mentioned above every time you do something using the OBD11 tool the change is made to your car and an update is made to your history record as stored on the OBD11 Servers.

For information the History of the changes you have made using your account are stored on your account only. If you sell the car then the history will not be visible to new owner unless they use your account to view it. Further the History is directly related to the Vin Number / User to give OBD11 a unique key.

Couple things to point out sometimes the update process from your phone / table to OBD11 Servers can be slow and the change will not show in real time, however it does show in the end.

Secondly when you use an app to make a change and there is any long coding changes required you will see both the APP in history and also the Long coding change, You can only see Adaptions changes buy doing a backup and comparing before and after.

Select car in your garage.

From main menu select History

You can now see all the items in your filter setup (which by default is everything except archived)

From this screen select the upside down triangle and you will get the filter screen

Top of screen shows you Time which by default is set to ALL but can be changed to 1 day, 7 days or 30 days.

Then you have Show archived (see above for what this is about)

Then Type (You can have all or any combination of)

Gateway coding
Coding
Long coding
Adaptation
Basic settings
Coding 11
Diagnostic session
App
Backup

If you want to send yourself a backup file then you will notice you have two icons the Archive and the Email

Select the Email icon and it will open a screen with the details of the backup, then you can again select the Email icon and send yourself a history.csv file.

You can select all or One or Multiple Types and the screen will then only display this selection. Each time you leave the History screen it goes back to default view.

At the bottom of the Screen is the Clear All (which will untick everything and if you press again will tick everything.

Screenshot 2018-11-13 at 19.32.06.png

Final part of the history is the Email output, you will get an email with a text attachment called History.txt (see picture below of what this looks like.

The Subject will be your VIN number and the Car Name you have setup in the application.

Screen Dump of history.txt
OBDeleven vehicle history log

Date

VIN: Taken from App
Car: Name in App
Year: Taken from App
Body type: From App
Engine: Code and Description
Milage: In KM

The only item I would mention here is if you make a change by App all that the log will show is you have made a change and the app name, it will not give you the details of change to underlying elements

Deleted member 103408

Control Unit Overview

Explanation of the various items you will find when using OBD11 (For MQB Platform does not include older UDS Control units)

Thanks to DV52 once again for this following explanation (which made perfect sense to me):

All modern cars can be considered to be nothing more than a number of control systems connected to an engine and a set of wheels (yes this is a gross simplification, I agree!). Most control systems in a car are what's called "closed-loop systems". And ALL these control systems operate the same- they all perform a very basic task: They have an internal process that produces an output signal based on feedback and an input signal(s) - often feedback comes from a sensor/transducer of some sort.

DV52 Picture (thanks)

In all modules that operate control systems (i.e control modules) and regardless of the vehicle, there are really 3 x aspects that are able to be modified:

1/ Firmware
2/ Adaptation channels
3/ long coding

Firmware is like the heart-beat of the module's life-force: this is the internal software that operates the procedures for controlling some aspect(s) of the car. Firmware determines how the module will operate and the module's firmware relies on "inputs" to tell it about the external world: how the car is physically configured and what"parameters" the module is to use in certain circumstances (like how to turn ON/OFF each of the car's 35 x exterior lights). Some diagnostic cables like VCP can change firmware, but not OBD11, or VCDS.

The "inputs" that the firmware relies upon are "2 (Adaption)" and "3 (Long coding)" above. Now, I'm not sure what particular distinction VW officially uses between "adaptation channels" and "long coding", but my guess from observations is as follows:

Long coding are the software switches that tell the firmware what physical sensors/physical switches are installed in the car. For example, when a light-sensor is installed, a long coding Byte/Bit has to be set to tell the control module firmware to start measuring the sensor output and to do stuff to control the car's lighting.
Adaptation channels are generally different sorts of "inputs" that tell the module how-to-behave. For example, Leuchte programming is done by changing adaptation channels - these channels tell the module what function to allocate to each lamp and what level of illumination to give to that lamp.

Basic settings are just another form of "input" to the closed-loop system. Speaking generally again, the more sophisticated sensors on a car need a initial set of parameters to to establish a reference point. The module's firmware uses this data as a "starting-point" for the feedback process in later operation.

For example, changing some adaptation channel values in the BCM will lose the level-horizon settings for the range-control motors on the headlights. The Basic settings procedure (for the modules @ address hex55) re-establishes the sensor's setting for level-ground. When these modules are taken from stock at the VW factory - each car goes through this basic setting procedure to establish zero degree tilt - as a reference setting. Once the module knows where zero-tilt is, it can accurately measure +ve/-ve angles.

Readiness

Readiness is a group of "parameters" (usually 8 x binary Bits) in the engine module which indicate the health of the car's emission systems. A state of 0 means "fail" and 1 means "passed". Whenever you bulk clear DTCs, ALL 8 x bits are set to the "fail" state - if your car doesn't have all 8 x emission test capabilities, those Bits will automatically be reset to 1.

for completeness and have done it in this textual manner rather than excel to make it easier for people who use the search facility to find the relevant information.

Live Data

As the name implies these are just labels that allow you to watch and record (via charts) the live data where it is supported on your car

Security Codes

You will see a lot of coding that ask's you for a security code, This is a VW Requirement and has nothing to do with OBD11, In general the more saftey orientated the control unit the more likley you will have to enter a security code. When you need a code the OBD11 App will provide all the codes it is aware off but there may be other codes that are not yet know. OBD11 Does have the ability to find codes - check online for details but you have to have at least one good code to start with.

Why does some coding not work

Many reason

1/ Coding is wrong or you have typed it in wrong
2/ During the life of the mK3 VAG have changed the settings and on the BCM Moved stuff from Long Coding to Adaptations
3/ Just because you have the switch on the Control unit, if you dont have the hardware to support it then it wont work - Prime example is the rear boot open (using sensor under the bumper), most 3 and 5 door control units will have the switch but they wont have the sensor under the bumper so it wont work.

Deleted member 103408

Parts Market

As OBD11 Are not a Spencer of this forum I wont go into any detail other than to say you can buy and sell car parts on the app now.

Deleted member 103408

Buying and Selling

For the purpose of this section there are two distinct items that you can buy or sell.

1/ The Dongle.

OBD11 Only works with there specific dongle you cant use any other dongle but when you first take delivery of the dongle you are asked to enter a 6 digit code, the purpose of the code is to stop people stealing the dongle.

When Buying make sure the owner can provide you with the code and if they cant recall it then using the app they can get it reset

When selling make sure you can hand over the code, if you cant recall it then

Log on to your OBD11 Account and to the dongle from the main menu select Settings

Scroll down to Device and select the Password and you will be asked to change the code to a new one.

2/ Pro Account

The activation code (eg the pro account) that you purchased belongs to the account you activated it with.
Thus if you are buying it and it has been used you will need the login details from the seller otherwise you cant use it.
These licenses are non transferable so the only way you can use an active Pro Account is buy taking over the full account at OBD11.

Please also note that the History of your car will no longer be available to the seller only the purchases

Deleted member 103408

Live Data

Simply put on each control unit you will find a link to Live data.

As an example on my pre facelift car under control unit 01 - engine I have the following attributes

Live Data

A/C compressor torque
Absolute intake pressure
Absolute load value
ACC variants
ACC variants (coding)
Accelerator pedal, sensor voltage 1
Accelerator pedal, sensor voltage 2
Accelerator position
Accelerator position 2
Activation of fuel pump electronics
Activation of oil pressure switch valve
Activation of oxygen control after main cat
Activation radiator shutter result
Active brake system status
Adapt of angle sensor 1 f throttle valve
Adapt of angle sensor 2 f throttle valve
Adaptation of angle sensor 1 throttle valve, emerg. air gap
Adaptation of angle sensor 2 throttle valve, emerg. air дар
Adaptation of kick-down shifting point
Adaptation of load shift flaps
Adaptation of loss torque
Adaptation of throttle valve
Adaptation status for transmission neutral position sensor
Adaptation val cyl 1 with fast diagnosis
Adaptation val cyl 1 with slow diagnosis
Adaptation val cyl 2 with fast diagnosis
Adaptation val cyl 2 with slow diagnosis
Adaptation val cyl 3 with fast diagnosis
Adaptation val cyl 3 with slow diagnosis
Adaptation val cyl 4 with fast diagnosis
Adaptation val cyl 4 with slow diagnosis
Adaptive long-term value of mix. condition after cat. conv
Air mass, specified value
Allocation of oxygen sensors
Ambient air pressure
Average of ignition timing angle delay adjustment
AVS error status of last switch-over AVS stroke direction
AVS error status of last switch-over standard stroke direction
AVS operating condition
AVS overflow meter for all switch-overs
AVS switch-over meter for reg activation of curr. drive cycle
AVS switch-over meter, total
AVS valve stroke position, current
Brake light switch status
Brake system vacuum pump
Brake test switch status
Calculated oil temperature
Camshaft adaptation exhaust bank 1, phase position
Camshaft adaptation intake bank 1, phase position
Camshaft adjustment intake bank 1, activation
Camshaft adjustment intake bank 1, actual value
Camshaft adjustment intake bank 1, specified value
Camshaft adjustment, exhaust, bank 1, activation
Camshaft adjustment, exhaust, bank 1, actual value
Camshaft adjustment, exhaust, bank 1, specified value
Camshaft speed (RPM)
Cause for cancellation
CCS Switch
Charge air pressure control valve activation pulse duty factor
Charge air pressure control valve adaptation performed
Charge air pressure control valve position, actual value
Charge air pressure control valve position, target value
Charge air pressure control valve uncond voltage sensor
Charge air pressure control valve voltage, position closed
Charge air pressure control valve voltage, position open
Charge air pressure sensor, unconditioned voltage
Charge air pressure specified value
Charge air pressure, actual value
Charge press. ctrl.
Charge press. ctrl., adapt. higher than max. threshold
Charge Pressure Actuator, acknowledgment
Charge pressure actuator, actual position
Charge pressure actuator, adaptation for lower stop
Charge pressure actuator, adaptation for upper stop
Charge pressure actuator, operating status
Charge pressure actuator, specified position
Charge pressure actuator, specified value
Charge pressure control, less than min. threshold adaptation
Chg. press. ctrl. valve, sensor voltage max. value
Close cam shaft angle at quantity control valve
Clutch position sensor
Contact for tank leak test
Control module distance driven
Control module temperature
Coolant circulation pump, activation
Coolant fan 1, activation
Coolant fan 2, activation
Coolant shut-off valve
Coolant temp at radiator output, unconditioned voltage
Coolant temperature
Coolant temperature at engine outlet, specified value
Coolant temperature at engine outlet, unconditioned voltage
Coolant temperature at engine start
Coolant temperature at radiator outlet, actual value
Coolant temperature at radiator output, specified value
Coolant temperature difference between engine and radiator
Counter for fuel entry in oil
Crankshaft speed (RPM)
Cruise control switch actuation
Cruise Control System (CCS), status
Cruise control system, permanent deactivation
Cruise Control System, specified speed
Cruise control system, temporary deactivation
Current of oxygen sensor bank 1 sensor 1 (broadband sensor)
Currently running routine
Dist. driven with exh. Malfunction Indicator Lamp activated
Distance driven since erasing DTC memory
Driver request torque
Driver request torque
Drivetrain coord, cause of shutdown in cruise cntr and ACC mode
Drivetrain coordinator, ACC fault status
Drivetrain coordinator, brake fault status
Drivetrain coordinator, brake function status
Dynamic average of ignition timing angle delay adjustment
Dynamic factor 02 sensors bank 1 or bank 3 before cat. conv.
Engine mount 1
Engine mount 2
Engine oil temperature
Engine reverse rotation recognition
Engine shut-down overrides
Engine speed
Engine starting requirements
Engine status
Engine temp. management actuator, duty cycle activation
Engine temp. management actuator, raw value
Engine temp. mangmt. actuator, actual value of angle
Engine temp. mangmt. actuator, specified value of angle
Engine temper.
managem.actuator adaptation, result adaptation
Engine temperature management actuator
Engine temperature management actuator, after-run stop
Engine temperature management actuator, stop open
Engine torque
Engine-drag torque
Equivalence ratio target value
Error counter bad fuel
Error status for start-stop related sensors
Exhaust flap bank 1
Exhaust flap bank 2, activation
Exhaust flap, activation
Exhaust gas temperature before catalytic converter
Exhaust gas temperature sensor 1
Exhaust temperature 1 bank 1
Fuel consumption
Fuel high pressure sensor, unconditioned voltage
Fuel high pressure, actual value
Fuel low pressure sensor, unconditioned voltage
Fuel low pressure, actual value
Fuel Metering Valve
Fuel Pressure
Fuel temperature
Gear position sensor, current value
Gear position sensor, gear position valid
Gear position sensor, last valid value
Gear position sensor, raw value
Generator, load signal
Heat quantity that was transported via the catalytic converter
Heated oxygen sensor bank 1, sensor 1, activation
Heated oxygen sensor bank 1, sensor 1, resistance
Heated oxygen sensor bank 1, sensor 2, activation
Heated oxygen sensor bank 1, sensor 2, resistance
Heater support pump, spec. value
Hide cylinder
High fuel pressure, control deviation
High fuel pressure, specified value
High pressure pump injection volume
High pressure pump injection volume control deviation
High pressure regulation, adaptation value
Idle speed specified value
Ignition angle of current cylinder, actual value
Ignition timing adjustment cylinder 1
Intake air temperature
Intake air temperature, unconditioned voltage
Intake manifold pressure raw value
Intake manifold pressure, corrected
Intake manifold pressure, target value
Intake manifold Runner Control (IMRC), acknowledgment
Intake manifold Runner Control (IMRC), activation
Intake manifold runner control (IMRC), offset closed
Intake manifold Runner Control (IMRC), unconditioned voltage
Knock sensor, cylinder 1, voltage
Knock sensor, cylinder 2, voltage
Knock sensor, cylinder 3, voltage
Knock sensor, cylinder 4, voltage
Limitation, torque
Limitation, torque of clutch protection
Load shift flaps, actual value
Load shift flaps, specified value
Long term adaptation of mixture formation bank 1
Long term adaptation of oxygen sensor control, bank 1
Long-term adaptation of intake manifold injection
Long-term adaptation of intake manifold injection in idle
Long-term fuel trim bank 1 at idle
Lost torque adaptation A/ C compressor and driving mode
Lost torque adaptation driving mode
Lost torque adaptation,
idle
Low fuel pressure adaptation value for EFP
Low fuel pressure, specified value
Manifold absolute pressure sensor, unconditioned voltage
Mass flow through throttle valve
Mean engine air mass
Mean injection quantity
Median injection timing
Median vehicle speed
Misfire sum counter
Misfires per 1000 revolutions of cyl. 1 intake manif. injection
Misfires per 1000 revolutions of cyl. 2 intake manif. injection
Misfires per 1000 revolutions of cyl. 3 intake manif. injection
Misfires per 1000 revolutions of cyl. 4 intake manif. injection
Misfires per 1000 revolutions of cylinder 1
Misfires per 1000 revolutions of cylinder 2
Misfires per 1000 revolutions of cylinder 3
Misfires per 1000 revolutions of cylinder 4
Mixture adaptation factor at idle speed
Mixture adaptation factor at partial load
Mixture deviation in adapted partial load range
Monitoring status in current driving cycle
Monitoring status of additional Onboard Diagnosis
Monitoring status Onboard Diagnosis camshaft and knock sensor
Monitoring status since erasing DTC memory
Neutral position sensor, adapted transmission angle
Neutral position sensor, current transmission angle
Neutral position sensor, lower adaptation value

Read more: http://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/3262/control-unit-setup#ixzz5WqVhFn76

All you have to do is select the relevant attributes (you can have many but the more you have the slower the refresh rate is).

Deleted member 103408

Offline Control Unit's

Read more: http://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/5457/offline-control-units#ixzz5h0Jfg51P
Since release version 0.9.5 the control unit information has been available off line.

This now included Faults, Long Coding and Adaptation as well as access to the History for that control unit.

When you select Control unit from the main car menu you will get the following screen

The big difference is that all the control unit numbers are in a Grey circle rather than the normal green or red.

FIRSTLY PLEASE NOTE for the values to be available off line you must first do a backup of the control unit and you must be connected to the internet.

When offline and you select a control unit you will get this screen

INFO - This will show you the standard detail of the control unit

Faults - This will show you a list of the faults that have not been cleared from the last scan

Long Coding - This will show you the standard long coding screen (Bytes and Bits and Descriptions) you can add in descriptions and if there are multiple options you can see those options BUT you will not be able to make any changes this is a VIEW ONLY View.

Adaptation - As with the long coding it will show you you current setup (once you have done a backup all changes you make will be updated to the offline view. As with Long Coding you can see all the values on your car and are able to see the different options but again you cant make any changes

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise