OBDEleven vs Carista vs Bluedriver

Sly870

Jan 10, 2021
Hi all :)

We are (hopefully) getting ourselves into an Arona shortly and looking to do a few tweaks via the OBD system, I see a few different OBD tools bouncing around, which one would you guys recommend for use in Ford/Seat and possibly Nissan?

Any advice is appreciated!

Tell

Staff member
Obdeleven is only for VAG group.

With the 2020 model range which I suspect includes any new Arona certainly Leon 4, Ateca FL etc VAG introduced "SFD" which clips the wings of those that use VCDS devices (all of the above). Some can still be done with the bonnet up, a lot can't since they hit control units which VAG have deemed to be protected from modding.

The tools in any case split into micro payment apps and proper programmers. Obdeleven Pro option does both. Carista is micro payment. Pass on Bluedriver.

You need to be careful that any mods you see on Vag cars are now allowed with SFD. Advertisers may well still place their old adverts. For Obdeleven you have their forum to check plus those here. See the Leon 4 thread.

Sly870

Jan 10, 2021
Obdeleven is only for VAG group.

With the 2020 model range which I suspect includes any new Arona certainly Leon 4, Ateca FL etc VAG introduced "SFD" which clips the wings of those that use VCDS devices (all of the above). Some can still be done with the bonnet up, a lot can't since they hit control units which VAG have deemed to be protected from modding.

The tools in any case split into micro payment apps and proper programmers. Obdeleven Pro option does both. Carista is micro payment. Pass on Bluedriver.

You need to be careful that any mods you see on Vag cars are now allowed with SFD. Advertisers may well still place their old adverts. For Obdeleven you have their forum to check plus those here. See the Leon 4 thread.

Thanks for that info bud.

I see you drive two (nice) modern Seats, do you use the Obd11? I won't do anything crazy, mainly just want to deactivate start/stop if possible.

Tell

Staff member
Thanks for that info bud.

I see you drive two (nice) modern Seats, do you use the Obd11? I won't do anything crazy, mainly just want to deactivate start/stop if possible.
The main thing I do is to deactivate stop - start. Voltage method on both. Pre SFD. Leon 4 the air con method works on SFD. So a way has been found pre and post SFD for that. You need the Pro version which most of the time is just about toggling the Adaptations menu. Micropayment based side (the apps) you dont know what it's doing but really just running macros on the Adaptations in general... you can do actual VCDS mods with that SFD allowing whilst the apps is a black box equivalent to Carista. The post SFD ones are done with the Pro.

Sly870

Jan 10, 2021
The main thing I do is to deactivate stop - start. Voltage method on both. Pre SFD. Leon 4 the air con method works on SFD. So a way has been found pre and post SFD for that. You need the Pro version which most of the time is just about toggling the Adaptations menu. Micropayment based side (the apps) you dont know what it's doing but really just running macros on the Adaptations in general... you can do actual VCDS mods with that SFD allowing whilst the apps is a black box equivalent to Carista. The post SFD ones are done with the Pro.
Cheers bud.

I think I'll go with OBD11 then for the Arona :D

Cuprabenwytm

Jun 17, 2020
Car scanner obd, does all the above plus loads more for 3. 50 on the app store

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk

Cuprabenwytm

Jun 17, 2020
There's full Programme availability on obd app too mate

Tell

Staff member
But is there a user base as big as Obdeleven and support 😉. Still going to hit SFD where you need a user base to work out how to get round it and with new vehicles such as the Leon 4 the configuration which are not so common. A group of people hammering away at coding is going to get there quicker than less people on niche products 😉.

Sly870

Jan 10, 2021
But unlimited programming with the Obdeleven Pro rather than limited menu apps. Going to hit a brick wall with SFD mods in any case.
Still going ODB11 for our Arona which I believe is MIB2?

Tell

Staff member
Still going ODB11 for our Arona which I believe is MIB2?
That's Mib3.... when they say connected in relation to Seat, Mib3. Mib2 finished going in them basically 2020, so facelifted there after or new models are Mib3. You can read the experience of them on Leon 4 and Ateca facelifted. Being the first year in, some teething issues, they tend to be more on the Leon side than the Ateca thou.

That will also mean it's SFD protected but hopefully you can mod SS with the aircon mod as the Leon 4. I see the Obdeleven forum has its own 2021 Arona directory set up but no posts. On the starter blocks. Basically mod clues are in the Leon 4 / Ateca FL here and on Obdeleven board. It's like any new car.... exciting.

Sly870

Jan 10, 2021
That's Mib3.... when they say connected in relation to Seat, Mib3. Mib2 finished going in them basically 2020, so facelifted there after or new models are Mib3. You can read the experience of them on Leon 4 and Ateca facelifted. Being the first year in, some teething issues, they tend to be more on the Leon side than the Ateca thou.

That will also mean it's SFD protected but hopefully you can mod SS with the aircon mod as the Leon 4. I see the Obdeleven forum has its own 2021 Arona directory set up but no posts. On the starter blocks. Basically mod clues are in the Leon 4 / Ateca FL here and on Obdeleven board. It's like any new car.... exciting.

Oh really, I thought the radio that was in the dash was MIB2.

Damn okay..

Tell

Staff member
Oh really, I thought the radio that was in the dash was MIB2.

Damn okay..
Was going to put this link in but forgot before posting....

And obviously this trusty site

When you read 'Seat Connect' it means Mib3. It was rolled out across all Vag brands from 2020. 2019 VW Passat was the test run of it.... a year later went onto the rest.

First year is free connected services. Think the pricing structure on the rest is yet to arrive but I'm sure I will be corrected if it has.

Cuprabenwytm

Jun 17, 2020
But is there a user base as big as Obdeleven and support . Still going to hit SFD where you need a user base to work out how to get round it and with new vehicles such as the Leon 4 the configuration which are not so common. A group of people hammering away at coding is going to get there quicker than less people on niche products .
Coding is coding mate its only a program thats diffrent lol

Sly870

Jan 10, 2021
Was going to put this link in but forgot before posting....

And obviously this trusty site

When you read 'Seat Connect' it means Mib3. It was rolled out across all Vag brands from 2020. 2019 VW Passat was the test run of it.... a year later went onto the rest.

First year is free connected services. Think the pricing structure on the rest is yet to arrive but I'm sure I will be corrected if it has.
We not getting that face lifted Arona.

Ours has the fog lights on the side and the interior is not like that.

Tell

Staff member
We not getting that face lifted Arona.

Ours has the fog lights on the side and the interior is not like that.
OK is that not going to be the new one ?.

You can always demand a print out of the build codes if it's been built and have the VIN or splash out 7Euros on Erwin (one hour) and download all the technical stuff plus build codes based on the VIN. That's what I did when we got the Arona since it was built so wanted to check the spec from the VIN and download the workshop manuals, SSPs of interest etc. Think I went into two hours thou. 14Euros. Was a Seat centrally sold one so pre built that the local dealer couldn't get their hands on.

Last edited:

Sly870

Jan 10, 2021
OK is that not going to be the new one ?.

You can always demand a print out of the build codes if it's been built and have the VIN or splash out 7Euros on Erwin (one hour) and download all the technical stuff plus build codes based on the VIN. That's what I did when we got the Arona since it was built so wanted to check the spec from the VIN and download the workshop manuals, SSPs of interest etc. Think I went into two hours thou. 14Euros. Was a Seat centrally sold one so pre built that the local dealer couldn't get their hands on.

MMhmm, I'm pretty certain it's MIB2 just based on the interior and exterior. I've attached of the car :)

Attachments

• 2021-06-05 11.16.50.jpg
    2021-06-05 11.16.50.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 82

Sly870

Jan 10, 2021
That's pre facelifted I'd say. Mib2 standard. No SFD I reckon so the world is your Oyster.
That's fine, Mrs fell in love with it so hope it takes care of her!

I'll grab myself an OB11 if I can..

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.