oil consumption fix possibility?

PhilNev

Hi guys,
first post and new to this, joined Seat Cupra.net purely for the reason my Cupra is using oil and wated advice as to what other people have done?

My car is booked in next week, what have other people have done after their car has failed a consumption test?

Cheer

Jun 17, 2011
Grimsby/Birmingham
Was about to write something in this today as well, I took my car in last week to sort out my oil issue, they ordered a breather pipe and another part to put in as well, not sure what part it was, but checked the oil twice since having it and the dipstick is full of oil. I know its only been a week and a bit but its looking promising. Ill have to check it again in a few weeks time to see how it is comepared to today but fingers corssed its all fixed so then I can progress onto the mapping stage!

The process they had to do was to drain the oil and weigh it then do a 60 mile test to see how it is. Hope this helps everyone with their oil issues and know what step to take to sort it out

PhilNev

Thanks, what can you get Cupras mapped to?

Is the Oil Consumption known by Seat?

Deleted member 35176

Stage 1 - 205bhp with Induction

Yes, use the search function. There is a plethora of threads out there with regards to this issue.

PhilNev

sorry, another question, if the car "passes" the consumption test then do i have to pay for it?

Jun 17, 2011
Grimsby/Birmingham
You shouldn't have to pay, only if the car has been taken to Seat HQ and everything is fine then you have to pay, from what I've heard anyways. But its all under warranty work so you should be fine

benhampshire

Jun 29, 2008
Barnoldswick
Guys, i have been speaking to SEAT UK about the uprated oil breather system and either they are playing dumb or don't know what im on about. I informed them if theres an uprated part and it helps prevent oil issues how do i go about getting it...

They have asked me if i can provide part numbers, does anyone have them? Im thinking even if your car doesn't need it according to their system (mines a 2010 plate Boc, so we know it would help) if you give them the part numbers we might be able to get them released.

Does anyone have them... i'd rather try and cure/prevent the issue rather than needing a new engine at some point in the future but they dont seem to see it that way!!!

Jun 17, 2011
Grimsby/Birmingham
Ive got a new breather pipe on mine and after doing 200 odd miles already, I've had no drop in oil since and usually after 200 odd miles, I would be able to see it drop but it hasnt!.

They shouldn't be playing dumb because my dealer got it from Seat UK (I think). Have you asked your dealer about the breather part? or just Seat UK?

Jun 17, 2011
Grimsby/Birmingham
Also I was told that they've just released this and I was a guinea pig to have it on so I'm not sure if they want to officially say its out just incase it goes wrong

Nov 23, 2010
Dunfermline, Fife
I've finally after months of issues finally resolved the oil consumption issue.

Traded it in on another car!
"I'm out" lol

Seriously tho good luck to all those with probs.

benhampshire

Jun 29, 2008
Barnoldswick
Ive got a new breather pipe on mine and after doing 200 odd miles already, I've had no drop in oil since and usually after 200 odd miles, I would be able to see it drop but it hasnt!.

They shouldn't be playing dumb because my dealer got it from Seat UK (I think). Have you asked your dealer about the breather part? or just Seat UK?

Ive spoken with dealer who has also phoned around but nobody knows anything apparently, if any of those who have had the breather fix doen could provide part numbers it might help the rest us have a car last longer than 3 years :D

benhampshire

Jun 29, 2008
Barnoldswick
Forgot to go in after the gym to ask...my dealer is westgate seat

Cheers, when i get a sec i'll try and give them a call this week. It will help a lot of people with the 1.4tsi engine think. I mean im just after piece of mind that ive done everything i can to try and prevent it going wrong (other than driving the bleeding thing)

Please let me knoe if anyone else interested in this, i think SEAT do know about issue but a playing a bit quiet as admitting to a new part would probably mean them admitting to knowing about a problem.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise