oil filler on 1.6 16v broken off

Holdup

Aug 28, 2009
Kent
Hi, i just changed my spark plugs on my 1.6 16v and upod trying to remove coil pack one the oil filler was in the way and unfortuantly i managed to break it off... does any one know if these are replaceable and have a guid of how to do it? luckily when the engine cover is on it holds it in place and it doesnt seem to move but dont want to take too much of a risk as after all it is oil, ive been for a short drive and had a quick check when i got back but cant see any signs of it escaping.

Thanks

Seat Adam

Dirty Densel Driver
I would have thought it would be a very wise move to replace it. Surely can't be too hard to do. Never changed one myself though.
As you drive the engine will breathe through any cracks where it has broken. As it is breathing there is tiny amounts of oil vapour in the air and will eventually start to show in the engine bay and as the engine warms, gives off a parafin type smell that comes through the heater vents as you drive. My mum had this on the KIA Carens when somebody at a garage left the oil filler cap off and lost it.

Holdup

Aug 28, 2009
Kent
Cheers guys ill have to speak to my seat dealer or see if i can find one on ebay, wish i knew that it screwed on and off earlier :(

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.