oil leak through rocker cover bolt

tommy2008cupra

hi as above i have had this problem on and off and has just come back today [:@] after i thought i had sorted it, it always seems to come through the bolt between cylinder 1 and cam cover, i have had the rocker cover off and made sure the gasket (which is prob 2 months old) was clean around edges put it back on and it is still coming through? any ideas :shrug:

Mar 1, 2009
Liverpool
Hmm,

Maybe some obvious things here :

Check the oil breather isnt clogged, as it may be causing a build up of pressure and forcing oil out.
Did you use gasket seal when you fitted it?

tommy2008cupra

oil breather is clear cleaned out my oil catch can the other day i didnt put sealer around gasket i didnt think it was required no oil leaks out of anywhere else just the same place?? maybe its an idea prob a project for the weekend now though

daves ibiza

1. shes a nail
2. told you what to do
3. easy todo
4. just being lazy
5. you want me to go on mate because this list would grow hench :lol:

nah mate ill pop down on weekend see what i can do check gasket got tears rips take rocker off see if it has hair line crack . i put my dough on rocker cover ill pop down on saturday see what we can sort out butt!!

daves ibiza

yeah me and tom clean srainer sump all pipes ect thinking its more of a rocker problem warped or cracked or sumthing

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise