One week in

Starky

Feb 26, 2023
Hi folks. One week with the new car and 1100 miles done, just a v1 dsg 1.5. Been a bit of a crazy work week, usually only do half that amount of mileage. The car is fantastic, it’s loving the rural twisty roads of Scotland (and northern England). Mind you I’ve just filled it up for the 4th time this morning! I was getting 700 plus with the old diesel.
Not had a problem with the infotainment but wireless charging doesn’t appear to work, not sure if I need to switch something on? Keyless entry decided to not work on Wednesday and it’s never managed to lock itself!
My problem is that there’s no phone button on the steering wheel nor a speed limiter, now that’s a stupid problem to have.
Great car, looks fantastic and I’ve only seen 3 this week. I bought one of the bmw minis when they first came out. For some reason everyone decided to flash (their lights) when they seen another new mini owner. For a moment I thought maybe us Formentor folk should do that. We should not do that, it was and is a stupid thing to do 😂

Wyld Stallyn

Be Excellent To Each Other and... Party On Dudes!
Mar 10, 2022
Welcome to the Madhouse Starky.👍

I still Stoopidly wave at other drivers driving the same car as me - 🤔
it really confuses them when I forget which car I'm driving 🙈

Tmat

Jan 26, 2023
It definitely should be a thing that we acknowledge each other. With the car I had before the Formentor there was a driver who had the same and he would flash when we passed each other then it became a thing we did. Where I live I've seen a grey, black and white Formentor so far. The driver of the white one even looked out his car window when he saw mine and I just smiled.

Reactions: Seastormer
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.