One year on.

Conal

Sep 10, 2014
Had my Leon ST FR for one year tomorrow. Car has been excellent, very comfortable and almost perfect. I've not had any of the common problems, rattles, cracked lights etc. the only slight issue I had was in my first week of ownership when one of the clips holding the load cover out broke. This was fixed under warranty without any problem by my dealer. I did also pick up a puncture but that is hardly the car's fault!
I've added a detachable Witter tow bar with 13 pin electrics, a plastic load liner with carpet insert and a clear plastic film along the rear bumper, an excellent addition.
I've done 10920 miles at an overall average of 45.33 mpg worked out brim to brim, not a computer figure. Included in that is about 500 miles towing our Eriba caravan. I've only needed to top up the oil once and added 300 ml at around 6000 miles. Really pleased with the 1.4 ACT engine, it warms up quickly is powerful enough and very economical especially without the caravan on the back. Glad I bought it.
Conal

Conal

Sep 10, 2014
It was one from EBay that came from Germany. Cost was round about £10, there is a video on YouTube showing how to fit it. It looked as though it would be a nightmare to do what with spraying soapy water and then pushing the bubbles out with a squeegee but in effect it was a piece of cake. The bubbles came out easily and the film is undetectable unless you are looking for it.
Having said that the car has been great for me there are a couple of things that I would change. The dashboard lights are ridiculous and defy all logic, the other thing is the heated mirror switching which is unnecessarily complicated.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.