Opinions please......

Diesel184

Apr 29, 2015
I've got a spare set of wheels for the car because I was intending on refurbish the original fr wheels. Now, what do you all think black or gunmetal. It's on a bright red leon with black mirrors grill and possibly roof at some point.

I was also thinking of perhaps keeping the golf wheels and using them instead but the centre caps are different sizes, can you get seat caps to fit vw wheels.

I'd post some pics but not sure I can yet.

Thanks

s200rey89

Jan 21, 2016
North East England
I've got a spare set of wheels for the car because I was intending on refurbish the original fr wheels. Now, what do you all think black or gunmetal. It's on a bright red leon with black mirrors grill and possibly roof at some point.

I was also thinking of perhaps keeping the golf wheels and using them instead but the centre caps are different sizes, can you get seat caps to fit vw wheels.

I'd post some pics but not sure I can yet.

Thanks

Black, all day - all day...

Brady93

Jan 28, 2014
Worcestershire
18b672ad79498e037e900561782df5e2.jpg

Love having black wheels with black trim detailing, not seen any gunmetal yet though...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Lentäjä

Jan 19, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Gunmetal for sure!
Had my performance 30/1 wheels painted black with matte lacquer where is little bit of pearl in the mixture.

Last edited:

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
Powder coating gives a more hard wearing and durable finish, that would be my preference. I would also go for gunmetal, I'm not a fan of black wheels with any colour car.

Below is a picture of my winter alloys, they are powder coated in gunmetal.

RS4_Alloy_001_zps46dc4894.jpg

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.