Options affecting Leon lead times

CAPS_LOCK_STUCK

Aug 11, 2017
Worcestershire
I think he did, looked out of my window mid morning and this had magically appeared, more to follow. :whistle:

Now trying to find out how to upload my first picture here lol! It says I cannot post attachments!

OVcn9S.jpg

Last edited:

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
I think he did, looked out of my window mid morning and this had magically appeared, more to follow. :whistle:

Now trying to find out how to upload my first picture here lol! It says I cannot post attachments!

We're waiting....... :whistle::whistle::whistle:

In other news I called Seat UK again today to complain about the lead time because they can bugger off if they think I'm waiting close to 30 weeks (and 6 weeks longer than the estimate!).

Escalated to a case manager who will call me back in 1-2 days apparently. Will see how it goes.

Last edited:

_chris_

Jul 6, 2008
in the car
We're waiting....... :whistle::whistle::whistle:

In other news I called Seat UK again today to complain about the lead time because they can bugger off if they think I'm waiting close to 30 weeks (and 6 weeks longer than the estimate!).

Escalated to a case manager who will call me back in 1-2 days apparently. Will see how it goes.

I’ve found the case managers job is just to inform you it’s late. They don’t have any say over build weeks apparently.

d7lan

Oct 2, 2017
Well, the final nail in the coffin tonight.

Just received an email from the dealer at 22:11, he must be on overtime dealing with these late orders...

I've gone from delivery 6th Nov, to unconfirmed build week 6, then brought forward to unconfirmed week 48 and tonight's news was (drum roll) it is now back to unconfirmed build week 6... What an absolute shambles. They've had my order since June and it was originally supposed to be delivered next week!!

Calling tomorrow to cancel unless they can pull a rabbit out of the hat and supply a temporary car to tide me over. Bitterly disappointed.

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
Calling tomorrow to cancel unless they can pull a rabbit out of the hat and supply a temporary car to tide me over. Bitterly disappointed.

Talk about messing you around! I hope they manage to sort something for you. I suppose I can say at least I've got a confirmed build week - but it slipped from unconfirmed 49 to confirmed 3.

Let us know how you get on.

And Caps Lock, I'm very jealous!! It looks great on your drive!

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Just had an email from the dealer saying build week 9, but orders have been moving forward so maybe be slightly earlier. Will be going for a March 18 delivery.....

ukriggers

Desire Cupra ST 4Drive
Jun 19, 2017
Stockport, UK

OVcn9S.jpg

Looking very nice indeed Caps_Lock. Gives everyone else hope. I've had confirmation that mine will be with me on Friday, can't wait. Approx. 66 hours to go!!! and counting...

d7lan

Oct 2, 2017
Well, the final nail in the coffin tonight.

Just received an email from the dealer at 22:11, he must be on overtime dealing with these late orders...

I've gone from delivery 6th Nov, to unconfirmed build week 6, then brought forward to unconfirmed week 48 and tonight's news was (drum roll) it is now back to unconfirmed build week 6... What an absolute shambles. They've had my order since June and it was originally supposed to be delivered next week!!

Seat Customer Services have told me that the lead time for a factory order commences on the date that the order was accepted by the factory.

I placed my order in June and was quoted 20 weeks lead time, estimated delivery 6th November.

Seat tell me that my order wasn't actually confirmed til September, by which time the lead time was 25 weeks, hence my new date of week 6... they are also shifting the blame on to the dealer who should have apparently made me aware of this fact.

Does that tie in with anyone else's experience??

I was always under the impression that the lead time clock starts the moment you place the order with the dealer :confused:

robot1000

Oct 2, 2017
Seat Customer Services have told me that the lead time for a factory order commences on the date that the order was accepted by the factory.

I placed my order in June and was quoted 20 weeks lead time, estimated delivery 6th November.

Seat tell me that my order wasn't actually confirmed til September, by which time the lead time was 25 weeks, hence my new date of week 6... they are also shifting the blame on to the dealer who should have apparently made me aware of this fact.

Does that tie in with anyone else's experience??

I was always under the impression that the lead time clock starts the moment you place the order with the dealer :confused:

Was told exactly the same thing

I've escalated the complaint as it's ridiculous that they blame the dealer and am arguing that it should be on when the order is placed. Looks like they're trying pass blame in order for them to get out of the mess they're in.

The dealership has provided me with a screenshot of the order system to show that they have done everything correct at their end.

Last edited:

d7lan

Oct 2, 2017
Was told exactly the same thing

I've escalated the complaint as it's ridiculous that they blame the dealer and am arguing that it should be on when the order is placed. Looks like they're trying pass blame in order for them to get out of the mess they're in.

The dealership has provided me with a screenshot of the order system to show that they have done everything correct at their end.

Very annoying.

They're telling me that my dealer had fulfilled their order quota for June, July and August and that is why my order wasn't accepted until September. As such, they say the problem wasn't caused by them and they cannot offer and gratuity or courtesy car.

Unfortunately, the salesman I'm dealing with has his day off today so it'll be tomorrow before I can get some closure.

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Mine has moved from week 9 to week 51 in last 2 weeks.

What have you ordered?

Well guys I am so happy, I got a message yesterday (Friday) that my Cupra is being delivered next Friday (3rd Nov) after ordering it 21st June. I just can't wait. Gone from counting months, weeks and even days to now counting hours!!

Brilliant news mate. Let us know and post pics when you get it!

Just had an email from the dealer to say my estimated bw is now 48 (was at 12) so fingers crossed that it gets built and is on my drive for Christmas

Is that confirmed or unconfirmed bw?

For the spreadsheet:-

FR / ST | 1.8TSi DSG | 18" | Leather, Sunroof, LED interior illumination pack, Space Saver | 6-Jul-17 | Confirmed Build Week 46

Added. Thnk you.

Spoke to dealer today and my car is down to be built week commencing 13th November and I should have it on 6th December.

Is that a confirmed or unconfirmed build week?

More info for the spreadsheet if it is still going:-

Cupra SC 300 DSG
Ordered 13th July
Arrived at port 9th Oct
Picked up 28th Oct

So just under 16 weeks if my maths is right. Hats off to IMG SEAT as my local dealer were quoting 24 weeks.

Defintelt still going, I just wait for a few updates then do it. Thank you. Pics?

Very nice mate!

Snarks

May 18, 2002
Lancashire
Visit site
If anyone gets any "goodwill" from SEAT, please let us know what you get. I'd be more interested in some free servicing or extended warranty than anything which involves changing the order.

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
Do they confirm dates so far in advance? I thought it was only 2 or 3 weeks before that you got a confirmed date.

Apparently so! I was a bit surprised too.

I got a call from a case manager at Seat today who introduced himself a and we talked about the issue for a bit. He said his next steps are to call the dealership and their branch support.

I didn't say what I wanted to happen, but the preference is to get the car built quicker. If they can't do that, I will ask how they plan to compensate me for the delay. I don't know what would be reasonable to expect... But I think 3 years free servicing would be a nice gesture ;)

If the build week stays as 3 for delivery in Feb, I will likely ask the dealer to register the car in March for the new plates.

I will let you know what happens and if Seat does offer a goodwill gesture.

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield

Oh I will have some serious words for customer services if they try that with me.

That would make a hell of a lot of orders have misleading dates at no fault of the customer. Seat and their dealers can fight about who's responsible for what themselves, but there's no scenario where the customer is at fault here.

Last edited:

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Gents (and ladies too if any),

Spreadsheet updated - HERE

Nice to see a bit more green appearing now.

Mikeyh22, op_ and Bailey518 - have you got yours yet?

Update my end - spoke to a Customer Complaints Manager yesterday - Rasheel - somewhat embarrassing when he comes on the phone and can't even get basic details right about the case. I have little faith he'll be able to offer any assistance. He basically said he'll ring another team for an update and call me back on Wednesday. Probably the same team they speak to when you ring yourself and get told different dates each time. I'm not holding my breath!

Last edited:

CAPS_LOCK_STUCK

Aug 11, 2017
Worcestershire
First impressions ............

Having owned a mark 2 Leon Stylance 1.9TDi from new back in 2007 (and really enjoyed the car), I have to say this Mark 3 is light years ahead in quality, ride, handling and design, I have only covered 40 miles obviously but it is an absolute delight to be sat in and drive, once I get some miles in her and I open up that accelerator it can only get better.

I got the Alcantara pack upgrade and it makes the interior stand out that little more but a friend has the stock upholstery and it still looks really nice, so many reviews have said the interior is a little bland..... far from it IMO, it looks quality, feels quality (in most places that matter) and ohhhhhh that new car smell, takes some beating! :funk:

Mikeyh22

Oct 18, 2014
Bolton
Gents (and ladies too if any),

Spreadsheet updated - HERE

Nice to see a bit more green appearing now.

Mikeyh22, op_ and Bailey518 - have you got yours yet?

Update my end - spoke to a Customer Complaints Manager yesterday - Rasheel - somewhat embarrassing when he comes on the phone and can't even get basic details right about the case. I have little faith he'll be able to offer any assistance. He basically said he'll ring another team for an update and call me back on Wednesday. Probably the same team they speak to when you ring yourself and get told different dates each time. I'm not holding my breath!
Hi Luke, yes got mine on the 21st October.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.