Order Lead Times

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Updated cw28 2018

(Please note that lead times are calculated from when your order is accepted by the factory, which can often be a number of weeks after it is placed by your dealership)

Mii 10-12 weeks
Ibiza 12-14 weeks
Toledo 14-16 weeks
Leon 5dr 12-14 weeks
Leon ST 12-14 weeks
Arona 10-12 weeks
Ateca 10-12 weeks
Alhambra 12-14 weeks

Additional Lead Times

Ibiza 1.0 TSI 115 DSG-auto +4 weeks

Arona 1.0 TSI 115 DSG-auto +14 weeks

Leon 1.4 EcoTSI 150 +10 weeks

Ateca 1.4 EcoTSI 150 +6 weeks

There are no additional lead times for any factory option not listed

Kenton

Jun 19, 2018
Updated cw28 2018

(Please note that lead times are calculated from when your order is accepted by the factory, which can often be a number of weeks after it is placed by your dealership)

Mii 10-12 weeks
Ibiza 12-14 weeks
Toledo 14-16 weeks
Leon 5dr 12-14 weeks
Leon ST 12-14 weeks
Arona 10-12 weeks
Ateca 10-12 weeks
Alhambra 12-14 weeks

Additional Lead Times

Your previous updates have mentioned extended lead times for my car, Leon ST Cupra300, have these now been reduced? Am I to get an extra Christmas present? Once again, thank you in advance for your help.

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Your previous updates have mentioned extended lead times for my car, Leon ST Cupra300, have these now been reduced? Am I to get an extra Christmas present?
CUPRA isn't listed as it currently isn't available to order, so don't see it not being shown as delayed as a good thing!

The lead time that applied when you placed your order, along with any delays, still applies...

Kenton

Jun 19, 2018
CUPRA isn't listed as it currently isn't available to order, so don't see it not being shown as delayed as a good thing!

The lead time that applied when you placed your order, along with any delays, still applies...
Still January 2019 then.:coolthumb

Stoob

Apr 21, 2018
Does the 180 DSG no longer have a extra lead time, or is that engine no longer available?

I ordered a 5dr FR with 180dsg and at the time the factory accepted it was something lke 26 weeks total, putting it Nov/Dec.

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Does the 180 DSG no longer have a extra lead time, or is that engine no longer available?

I ordered a 5dr FR with 180dsg and at the time the factory accepted it was something lke 26 weeks total, putting it Nov/Dec.
No longer available.

As detailed in this thread all unconfirmed orders for 1.8 TSI 180 DSG-auto will be built as 2.0 TSI 190 DSG-auto. With price-protection on MY18 orders converted to MY19 by SEAT UK yours is definitely in the 'win' column! [B)]

Stoob

Apr 21, 2018
Thanks Scrogg. I did read through the PDF but dont remember seeing anything about specific dates.

I beleive i read in another post you said MY19 started in July? I think mine might possibly still be a MY18, as i ordered in April and it was accepted by the factory on 10th May

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Thanks Scrogg. I did read through the PDF but dont remember seeing anything about specific dates.

I beleive i read in another post you said MY19 started in July? I think mine might possibly still be a MY18, as i ordered in April and it was accepted by the factory on 10th May
Ordering for the 2.0 TSI 190 DSG-auto opens this month:

MY19 Ordering Dates

Regardless of when it was ordered and/or accepted, if your order is not confirmed (which I very much doubt it is) it will be built as a manually-amended MY19 2.0 TSI 190 DSG-auto, so you will get the specification you ordered but not the engine.

Stoob

Apr 21, 2018
ooh nice :D

Just out of interest, when will the MY19's start to hit the streets ?

Stoob

Apr 21, 2018
Hmm yeah, makes sense it could well be a my19 then. SEAT UK emailed saying it'll be at the dealers ready by 27th Sept, but dealer is saying mid Nov. I'm hoping for somewhere in the middle :D

Pepper28

Jun 18, 2018
Based on the current order lead times I would suggest...

...so October(ish)

Scrogg, (sorry, quoting so hopefully you get a notification) do you know if it's possible to change a colour of an ordered car if the order has been accepted, but no build date yet? I was told there were no dates on the system. I have been allowed to add adaptive cruise control, but they can't change the colour (I've had a change of heart/mind since ordering!). I find this a little puzzling and the cynic in me wonders if it's because the ACC gets them extra money but doing the colour change for me has no benefit.

Any advice or help welcome!

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Updated cw29 2018

Mii 10-12 weeks
Ibiza 12-14 weeks
Toledo 14-16 weeks
Leon 5dr 12-14 weeks
Leon ST 12-14 weeks
Arona 10-12 weeks
Ateca 10-12 weeks
Alhambra 12-14 weeks

Additional Lead Times

Ibiza FR Sport +2 weeks

Leon FR Sport +3 weeks

Ateca FR Sport +12 weeks

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Updated cw29 2018

Leon 5dr 12-14 weeks

Additional Lead Times

Leon FR Sport +3 weeks

No mention of the CUPRA as of yet then from the factory for additional lead times. I'm guessing you guys just won't find out until mid August at least. I also know that my order wasn't included on the Seat UK Excel list to Lookers Stockport on 31.5.18 as my mine wasn't placed until 11th June (even though I have an order number) so I'm just classed as the 'List 3' group of MY18 orders switching to MY19. I hope that the order delays start to drop once they have a fully WLTP approved engine being built and a 'final' spec being implemented.

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
No mention of the CUPRA as of yet then from the factory for additional lead times. I'm guessing you guys just won't find out until mid August at least.
Ordering doesn't open until mid-August, so no. Why would there be a current lead time for a car that cannot be ordered?

...mine wasn't placed until 11th June (even though I have an order number)
11th June was cw24. Assuming your order was accepted that week (not just placed) then the lead time in effect in that week applies, which was 14-16 weeks + 10 weeks for the 5dr or 16-18 weeks +18 weeks for the ST.

I hope that the order delays start to drop once they have a fully WLTP approved engine being built...
They will

...and a 'final' spec being implemented.
The 'final' spec of MY19 has already been announced (MY19 & Easy Offer) but is irrelevant to your order as it was placed as MY18, so you will get what you ordered.

Reactions: CupraRobX

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Ordering doesn't open until mid-August, so no. Why would there be a current lead time for a car that cannot be ordered?

Understood

11th June was cw24. Assuming your order was accepted that week (not just placed) then the lead time in effect in that week applies, which was 14-16 weeks + 10 weeks for the 5dr or 16-18 weeks +18 weeks for the ST.

I have a factory order number from Seat but the bw was never given as it is still unconfirmed - I understand why this is though

The 'final' spec of MY19 has already been announced (MY19 & Easy Offer) but is irrelevant to your order as it was placed as MY18, so you will get what you ordered.

Also understood.

Cheers for the reply mate

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
I have a factory order number from Seat but the bw was never given as it is still unconfirmed - I understand why this is though
Accepted and confirmed aren't the same thing. Lead times are effective from when the order is accepted by the factory.

HumbleByDK

Apr 22, 2012
I'm wondering why the 1.0 TSI 115hp was not included in the list "order intake pause - but will resume in MY19". Sorry can't remember the exact name.
This engine will be updated with a GPF as well, which should have the same effect on this engine as on the 1.5 TSI for example.
In Denmark, the waiting time for an Arona 1.0 TSI DSG is 12 months now.

Dillon Lawrence

Jun 24, 2018
I'm wondering why the 1.0 TSI 115hp was not included in the list "order intake pause - but will resume in MY19". Sorry can't remember the exact name.
This engine will be updated with a GPF as well, which should have the same effect on this engine as on the 1.5 TSI for example.
In Denmark, the waiting time for an Arona 1.0 TSI DSG is 12 months now.

As it's a new engine, hasn't a GPF always been fitted?

HumbleByDK

Apr 22, 2012
As it's a new engine, hasn't a GPF always been fitted?

It's quite a bit older than the 1,5 TSI and that is just being fitted with GPF now, which is really an odd move by VW, as they have known about the WLTP for a while now. It seems they did prepare the 1.6 diesels for the transition.
I doubt it, but perhaps the transition into WLTP for the 1.0 TSI is easier than for example the 1.5 TSI.

The dealers in Denmark are not revealing any kind of information, but the DSG delivery issue mentioned in this and other threads and WLTP petrol engines conversion seems to be some of the reasons for the delivery delay.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.