Order Lead Times

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
When given an unconfirmed factory build week of 38 / w/c 17th Sept (as I now have) is it likely that the Cupra engine delay of 10 weeks (as was given on top of the 12-14 week for a 5dr Leon before the books closed) will apply or is this still the unknown quantity at the moment? If one assumes a 4 week transit from build to dealer, this means it would currently be a 13 week lead time from 30th July.

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Updated cw31 2018

(Please note that lead times are calculated from when your order is accepted by the factory, which can often be a number of weeks after it is placed by your dealership)

Mii 10-12 weeks
Ibiza 10-12 weeks
Toledo 10-12 weeks
Leon 5dr 10-12 weeks
Leon ST 10-12 weeks
Arona 10-12 weeks
Ateca 10-12 weeks
Alhambra 12-14 weeks

Additional Lead Times

Ibiza 1.0 MPI +2 weeks
Ibiza 1.0 TSI 115 DSG-auto +4 weeks
Ibiza FR Sport +2 weeks

Arona 1.0 TSI 115 DSG-auto +10 weeks

Leon 1.4 EcoTSI 150 +8 weeks
Leon FR Sport +10 weeks

Ateca FR Sport +12 weeks

There are no additional lead times for any factory option not listed

Stoob

Apr 21, 2018
Hi Scrogg, Ive just been given a confirmed build date of week 31 :thumbup::footysup:
Do you know how long it takes to get to the delaership? Ive heard 3 weeks

Thank You.

JJUMPB

Aug 2, 2018
Updated cw31 2018

(Please note that lead times are calculated from when your order is accepted by the factory, which can often be a number of weeks after it is placed by your dealership)

Mii 10-12 weeks
Ibiza 10-12 weeks
Toledo 10-12 weeks
Leon 5dr 10-12 weeks
Leon ST 10-12 weeks
Arona 10-12 weeks
Ateca 10-12 weeks
Alhambra 12-14 weeks

Additional Lead Times

Ibiza 1.0 MPI +2 weeks
Ibiza 1.0 TSI 115 DSG-auto +4 weeks
Ibiza FR Sport +2 weeks

Arona 1.0 TSI 115 DSG-auto +10 weeks

Leon 1.4 EcoTSI 150 +8 weeks
Leon FR Sport +10 weeks

Ateca FR Sport +12 weeks

There are no additional lead times for any factory option not listed
Hi Scrogg,

I ordered my Cupra ST back at the beginning of April and still don't have a build date?

Any ideas when I could see the car being handed over?

Matt-taylor

May 1, 2018
Scrogg can you answer this from your experience, my confirmed build week is 38 I ordered a 300 with a few extras but obviously it will now be a my19 290, if i wanted to remove the extras and upgrade to a lux do you think i could, tia

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Scrogg can you answer this from your experience, my confirmed build week is 38 I ordered a 300 with a few extras but obviously it will now be a my19 290, if i wanted to remove the extras and upgrade to a lux do you think i could, tia

From reading past posts asking a similar question I would suggest no. Alteration would be classed as cancelling and a new order placed which puts you back of the queue. Correct me if I am wrong @Scrogg

Reactions: Matt-taylor

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
...my confirmed build week is 38 I ordered a 300 with a few extras but obviously it will now be a my19 290, if i wanted to remove the extras and upgrade to a lux do you think i could
Put simply, no.

Confirmed orders can't be amended, so your only options are to stick with what you already have, or cancel and place a new order for a CUPRA Lux.

Ordering for MY19 opens in October, so whatever offers are available in Q4 would apply and your lead time would reset to (currently) 10-12 weeks from then.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
From reading past posts asking a similar question I would suggest no. Alteration would be classed as cancelling and a new order placed which puts you back of the queue. Correct me if I am wrong @Scrogg
I can definitely confirm that if you are ordering through VWFS via PCH that this is the case.

Anytime I've requested option changes to either my dealership or Fleet/VWFS. I have been warned that they would need to cancel my order and submit another. This impacted lead time.

I've been through this twice so far.

Can't say for PCP though, it seems more flexible.

In your case though you are asking to change to a different model not just change a few options.

I too am interested in Scroggs response

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Matt-taylor

May 1, 2018
Put simply, no.

Confirmed orders can't be amended, so your only options are to stick with what you already have, or cancel and place a new order for a CUPRA Lux.

Ordering for MY19 opens in October, so whatever offers are available in Q4 would apply and your lead time would reset to (currently) 10-12 weeks from then.

Thanks

JJUMPB

Aug 2, 2018
I can beat that.. ordered my Cupra ST 4drive on 28 feb and still no build date.. :help:
I went to another dealer today and got some clarity that I won’t see the car until January/February so I’ve found a rather nice hatchback (used) so I’m cancelling first thing tomorrow, very sad

Matt-taylor

May 1, 2018
Put simply, no.

How come mine will be a my19 and be built in September before the ordering opens in October?

My Seat dealer has told me numerous times that i would be able to change the order to a lux but after speaking to you guys this doesn’t seem to be the case

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
How come mine will be a my19 and be built in September before the ordering opens in October?
MY19 production starts after the August factory shutdown, but due to the high number of MY18 orders that were not built SEAT are using the initial production capacity to clear them.

My Seat dealer has told me numerous times that i would be able to change the order to a lux...
You can. In October. You'll have a different order number, and the car you already have on order will still be built, and you'll have to wait until early 2019, but you can...

(Although to be fair to your dealer we were originally told MY19 ordering opened in August, so until very recently they were less wrong!)

sembattis

Jun 28, 2018
I ordered my Ibiza 1.5 TSI EVO FR in May. I have still not got any confirmed building week. The dealer said that the 1.5 manufacturing will start on week 48. So i will get my car earliest in January... Long wait still ahead.

Erunamo

Jul 19, 2018
Will there be any differences between the cars built in september/october and the ones built from november? If the official orders take place from october, and it's been told that the final specifications of the Ateca's my19 are being made public in late september... maybe they're a bit different ... is it possible??

ItsLeigh

May 20, 2018
Doesn’t anyone know how long it takes for a car to be shipped here? I was told my car is on its way couple weeks ago but was then told today it hasn’t left Barcelona yet. I want to know if this will delay my early September collection

ItsLeigh

May 20, 2018
I meant does* autocorrect for you..

Can you tell me roughly then? as I’m not one of the thousands.

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Can you tell me roughly then? as I’m not one of the thousands.
Usually Barcelona to the UK is 2-3 weeks, then another 7-10 days from UK Port to the dealership.

However, some models are being held at the factory pending technical data being released. What have you ordered?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.