OT: but worth putting here... Please Read!

dangel

Nuclear Banana Boy
On the forum index page at the top right theres a link that says 'view new posts'. This is by far the best way to get the most out of SEATCupra.NET each visit - it'll display a list of topics across the whole forum with new posts since your last visit.

This seems obvious to most of us but quite a few aren't using this facility (as born out by the current flame of the day - the merging of the Leon section) and that's why people are missing out on news about local meetings, board annoucements, jokes and so on. Try it if you haven't already :)

You'll also be suprised how much you can learn from sections you wouldn't normally visit - or how much you can contribute to them.

Just a thought.
:cheers:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Cheers Tim made this sticky, hopefully it will get noticed, i'll ask m0rk later to add an announcement along these lines, that sits at the top of each forum.

mik

irregular participant
Jun 26, 2001
Glasgow UK
Visit site
Originally posted by ZBOYD
i'll ask m0rk later to add an announcement along these lines

Don't ask el-diplomat-presidente to do it. :eek:

You'll end up with a sticky titled "read this first d1cks" or something :rolleyes:

;)

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Think Tim was aiming it in here because it seems that the Leon R owners tend to think there is only this forum with anything useful to say.

As ive said we'll add this as an announcement i think so all forums are covered by it.

slim_boy_fat

Originally posted by LEO LION R
Helpful and obvious as this is, shouldn't this be in the ' hints and tips' section ?

Are you the Forum Police or something...

dangel

Nuclear Banana Boy
Originally posted by ZBOYD
Think Tim was aiming it in here because it seems that the Leon R owners tend to think there is only this forum with anything useful to say.

As ive said we'll add this as an announcement i think so all forums are covered by it.

Precisely hence the title of the topic. :rolleyes:

C'mon Leo get with the program ;)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
cool. just waiting for Jan 15th to come round when I'll have some spare bandwidth, then I can upload / download to my hearts content.

there is a new version of VB out which seems more versatile - as used on briskoda.net

installation isn't meant to be 'that' hard - but I've never done it before either (many practise forums coming up!)

M

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
how about a great big shiny button,instead of the current one,of course when you slaves to the site gets da chance.
my services as usual are extended,but wtf can i do?make tea?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
all idea's can go into the pot.

whether I can work out how to do it just yet will be seen!

there will be a better tie in with the main site, with a new colour spruceup

will endeavour to make the search button big & the 'VIEW NEW POSTS YOU D1CK' button very very big

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I did like the way you put that earlier.

not that my working day was stressful, but it did make me smile