Oulton Park BTCC Parking feeler *IMPORTANT*

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSiLeonMike

Barmy Army Reservist (TA)
Apr 26, 2007
Bury St Edmunds/Stowmarket-ish
Looks like I might be able to make Oulton now, and will willingly pay the fiver.

Snetterton was my firsy hook up with the Barmy Army, and they made us very welcome.

Hopefully, support for SEAT Sport will grow within SCN, and the Army will grow.

ericleonsuffolk

There we go again,daylight robbery every where you go,I am sick of paying for parking everywhere you go.Cost of living goes up but not a person's earnings and they add more and more costs where ever you go.

Ok folks, things are going to be a bit different this year.

SEAT have been in touch regarding the parking at Oulton Park. Motorsport Vision now want to levy a charge £150 plus VAT for organised club parking.

This in itself isn't a problem, SCN has the funds to pay this. Based on 50 cars it would be approx £3.50 per car.

But the money outlay isn't really an issue, I was thinking that maybe we could call it £5 a car and we'll give the lot to charity. But this isn't compulsory it's entirely up to you, give me your thoughts.. SCN will still go ahead and pay the outlay even if we don't agree on a charitable donation.

Let me know your thoughts, and more importantly how many of your would be interested in joining us at Oulton Park.

secretcyril

Hi Guy's, Oulton park will be my 1st BTCC. I'd pay £5 to park securely & meet some of you Guy's & Girl's. Any particular charity in mind?

Can some one give me some advice on which entrance I need to take, what time people will be arriving & where we will be parking??

FSiLeonMike

Barmy Army Reservist (TA)
Apr 26, 2007
Bury St Edmunds/Stowmarket-ish
Hi Guy's, Oulton park will be my 1st BTCC. I'd pay £5 to park securely & meet some of you Guy's & Girl's. Any particular charity in mind?

Can some one give me some advice on which entrance I need to take, what time people will be arriving & where we will be parking??

That'll be posted separetly once the group parking is secured i would imagine, just gotta keep your eyes peeled.

(Garden centre is on the route in for me, which is a bonus)

Last edited:

secretcyril

One other Question. I've not brought my ticket yet.

1, Is it to late to order an advance ticket?? & where from. Motorsportvision website?

2, If so, do you JUST pay on entrance?

Thanks

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
One other Question. I've not brought my ticket yet.

1, Is it to late to order an advance ticket?? & where from. Motorsportvision website?

2, If so, do you JUST pay on entrance?

Thanks

Its still £22, and tickets can be bought from the MSV website. Otherwise pay £28 on the gate....

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Hope to find out more today, but still waiting to hear back. Obviously if they require us to have passes I will have to get these posted once i receive them. So time will be short as usual.

So once I know I will post confirmation and will need to collect details pretty quickly..

EmDee

Omnishambolic
BIG props to zboyd & SCN for handling this so well, I would be happy to pay a fiver to charity.

however...

MSV are not only charging more than anyone else for the actual tickets, but now want more from us for parking. I think that we need to make it clear to them that they are going about this the wrong way. If they would give a better price, I would want to go, but since I am poor (spend all me money on Leona) and its quite far away, I will not be going.

Therefore, due to their unwillingness to encourage group attendance, they will make less money, but surely the whole reason they are doing it is to make more :confused:

to summarise

SEAT :clap:
SCN :worship:
MSV :birdy:

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
so would i need to pre-purchase ticket(s) to be able to join the group parking if it were to come off

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
so would i need to pre-purchase ticket(s) to be able to join the group parking if it were to come off

I wouldnt of thought so fella, as Zboyd has said, if the parking is a goer, then we all will be issued with parking passes, which will have no relevance to the entry tickets. You can pay on the gate and then follow the directions to park

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
From MSV website: To guarantee tickets are dispatched in time for the event, advance booking closes 12:00pm Wednesday 23 July. Please ensure you have purchased your tickets by this time to avoid disappointment.

Orders are dispatched approximately one week prior to the race meeting. All orders purchased from midday Monday before the event will be sent by Special Delivery.

Hopefully I will have confirmed the parking way before then, because otherwise there will be no time for me to get passes to people anyway. :shrug:

jdearden

I'd rather the parking cost went staright to charity rather than have to give the extra myself, they rob us enough with the prices of food, drink, tickets,merchandise, oxygen!

Dave T

I will also defintiely be there so will have a pass if and when they are available, will keep eyes on website as much as possible. This is my first SCN event, although not my first BTCC, was at Donnington last year but no LCR at the time. Look forward to meeting some of you guys on the day

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise