Oulton Park BTCC Parking feeler *IMPORTANT*

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Ok folks, things are going to be a bit different this year.

SEAT have been in touch regarding the parking at Oulton Park. Motorsport Vision now want to levy a charge £150 plus VAT for organised club parking.

This in itself isn't a problem, SCN has the funds to pay this. Based on 50 cars it would be approx £3.50 per car.

But the money outlay isn't really an issue, I was thinking that maybe we could call it £5 a car and we'll give the lot to charity. But this isn't compulsory it's entirely up to you, give me your thoughts.. SCN will still go ahead and pay the outlay even if we don't agree on a charitable donation.

Let me know your thoughts, and more importantly how many of your would be interested in joining us at Oulton Park.

Last edited:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
50 cars, 2 adults per car, £22/ticket = £2200 takings at their gate

100 people x £6 burger spend = £600 to the coffers

£150+VAT seems a lot of money all of a sudden

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
50 cars, 2 adults per car, £22/ticket = £2200 takings at their gate

100 people x £6 burger spend = £600 to the coffers

£150+VAT seems a lot of money all of a sudden

I know, how do they do it and make a profit? :)

Z, your suggestion seems perfectly reasonable (let's see whether MSV see it that way...)

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
I'd pay if I were going, but I'm going to go to the WTCC at Brands instead.

ian_cupra

i'd be happy to pay for a good cause, cant understand how they can ask for that much money though, stupid really, there going to make enough as it is!!!

o and i'll be coming to oulton :D

dannyFR+tdi

Mar 4, 2008
St.Helens, Merseyside
Just ordered my oulton park tickets for me and my grandad. the parking cost is abit out of order considering how much you pay for tickets and food etc. They should donate this cost to a local charity as surely they wouldnt miss £150???????????

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Way of the world i suppose, id be happy to pay as long as we were somewhere similar to last year, and are able to show a visual presence to rest of the world. Otherwise, might as well park with the GP.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Way of the world i suppose, id be happy to pay as long as we were somewhere similar to last year, and are able to show a visual presence to rest of the world. Otherwise, might as well park with the GP.

SEAT are very much the middle man, and no blame should be laid at their feet. I'll make that clear. I've also asked about the possibility of this fee including the permission to erect the SCN tent. Hopefully this will help smooth that over.

But on the same hand i'm making a subtle point, that SCN will cover the cost of the parking. If the members will give this money back to us, we will then donate the whole pot plus the stake to charity.

Something I want MSV to know about.

MSV will profit from the parking plus the guaranteed entrance tickets and anything else people spend on. In turn a charity of our choice will benefit, but SCN will not profit from it.

Last edited:

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Just to add, as you know we have the catering facilities. If we go for this parking and are able to pitch our Marquee, what we are happy to do is included within your £5 is to provide Bacon Baps and Tea/Coffee for all OUR members, free of charge courtesy of unofficial Seat Barmy Army.......

Moley RUFC

Up in the Lickeys........
Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
Count me in. I know a fantastic charity called GiveItMoleyPlease or GIMP as it is well known that could make good use of 150 notes :D

ArosaRacer

Wee man returns in a fL mk2 cupra
Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
MSV forget its not just BTCC and WTCC we go to what about the 000's of pounds we must have spent as a club doing track days as well as race days

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
All points I have communicated and will communicate back. I'm not against being asked to pay for this, because we all have a great day at these events and its every bit about the social gathering as it is about the motorsport too.

This is the reason i posted this thread and didn't just say no we won't pay or pay it and not tell you lot we paid for it. It's your site as much as it's ours, so we get your feedback and we channel the money where we think is worthwhile.

In this case we think it's worth while for the social aspect, but we are putting a point across to MSV that we'll have a clear conscience.

Jun 5, 2008
Leeds
dont know if im going to make it, i managed to get to snetterton park last week and spend a fortune!!! Plus still catching up on sleep from the night out in norwich, going to try my best and i would be more then happy to pay

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I'll find out more over the next day or so, and once I have the details I can then make a new thread for confirmation instructions. Likely we'll have to get passes sent out too.

So keep an eye on the BTCC forum for the thread. Though we will likely send out another spam mail to make you all aware of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise