Overheating, ish, LCR with wierd simptoms

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Ok I have a weird overheating issue on my LCR. When stuck in traffic the car just creeps past the 90 mark by a few mm and as soon a si drive away it drops back down to the 90. Is this ok or could it be showing signs of a problem? All the over heating threads I have read describe the problem going the other way (cooling when stopped, which indicates the water pump). I hadn’t been playing around with the engine (i.e. done any mods) recently and she just started doing it. Is it nothing to worry about (if so what temp should I be concerned at) and if it has something to do with my manifold power gasket (cant remember the correct name) or the fact ive block of f the front end with a FMIC?

DPA

Got to agree with the guy above here, sounds awfully like the symptoms of faulty cooling fans, I parted with £360 at the dealers last month for these :(

It affects the slow speed, so the car will push past the usual 90 when stuck in traffic and gives you a (very) nervous wait before they hopefully burst into life at full speed to return the temp to 90.

Best to get them checked out, don't use the air-con and avoid traffic jams at all costs!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.