Overspray on touch up.

veezee

Power Hungry/Clueless
Jun 10, 2008
London
Hey, just recently started touching up some of the cars body work myself, till I can afford to have it properly worked over - major scuff on the front bumper - gone!!

I moved on to the passenger door next, where, with the larger area, I got a fair amount of overspray around the target area. Now, it's dried hazy. I can't shift it by hand, with a super resin polish.

I do have a machine polisher though. I turned it on for the first time a few days ago, and the speed of the thing more put me off it than anything - not adjustable speed, as was a fairly cheap one

So, safe to use it? I have plenty of polishes and waxes I can use, and the thing has a microfibre bonnet over the "disc".

Jun 21, 2008
Wolverhampton
personally, if you don't feel comfortable with it, don't use it. It should have variable speeds, otherwise it'd be bye bye clearcote!

veezee

Power Hungry/Clueless
Jun 10, 2008
London
Should've mentioned that some of the overspray issue was with the clear lacquer. The central area I was working to looks fantastic, but the overspray is making the job look shoddy. Would a clay bar be of any use in this instance? That's a slightly less intimidating prospect.

I've tried the polisher out on the old front bumper off the car. Far less scary than I thought. I think I'll give it a go once the weather improves, just being very careful to work it in short bursts.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise