Overtaking issue...obd11

Cuprakash

May 9, 2021
Anyone in the Midlands who has the kit and willing to code my tormentor to turn off my lane assist but more importantly the overtaking right function?

I can't use active cruise on the motorway because of the issues it causes which is a pain on long journeys and there's still no sign of an official fix as far as I'm aware.

TheUkWizard

Jun 3, 2021
West midlands
Gotcha. All cars do that occasionally, especially with larger trucks etc. (Regardless of manufacturer). But if it's doing it every time, I can imagine that is frustrating.

Cuprakash

May 9, 2021
Gotcha. All cars do that occasionally, especially with larger trucks etc. (Regardless of manufacturer). But if it's doing it every time, I can imagine that is frustrating.
My last Subaru with eyesight active cruise never ever did this noy the work car,a Skoda superb.

My formentor does it almost every time.

It's a known issue with the formentor awaiting s software patch. Basically the car is set up for left hand drive so it thinks you are undertaking other cars on the left.

Last edited:

TheUkWizard

Jun 3, 2021
West midlands
I have been testing this last weekend, and for me, it's hit and miss. It does not do it every time. So maybe it's just a bit too cautious depending on factors like size, speed of the object etc.

Oct 27, 2021
My Cupra 1.4 EV Formentor is also a pain with the Big Brother-ish lane control. When driving in town with roadworks at the side of the road, where all traffic has to move slightly across a white line, it’s not necessary (and could be confusing to other drivers) to indicate in that situation. But lane control tends to nudge you back towards the bollards at the left side of the road, that mark the edge of the roadworks area.

As an IAM Advanced Driver, I wouldn’t normally expect to indicate when overtaking an obstacle on an otherwise empty country lane. (We are expected to be aware of other traffic around us at all times and, on the advanced test, would be expected to indicate, only once we had established there was another road user to indicate to. Indicating to nobody on the Advanced Test is considered an automatic response, not the thought-through one that advanced drivers are required to demonstrate. So, assuming that crossing a white line should always be accompanied by indicating, is incorrect.) Lane control is supposed to work on the Formentor if the driver has ‘inadvertantly’ drifted from within the lane. But it isn’t really clever enough to work out what is inadvertant and what isn’t.

What with this, the ridiculously short range on battery-only driving and the regular (probably weekly) failure of the satnav, I’m regretting choosing this car, which I took delivery of only in late September. I reported these problems to my local garage at the end of October but they haven’t bothered to give me an update in the almost 5 months since then.

Good luck getting yours sorted but don’t hold your breath if Seat are involved.

Reactions: Tormentor
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.