P*sstake stealer prices

DigitalSushi

Sep 7, 2020
So looking for a little advice here on some basic maintenance that Seat have told me needs to be done on my 18 Cupra 300, mostly for the utter ridiculous pricing i am looking at doing it myself so if anyone knows any pitfalls would be appreciated before i start ripping the car apart

Spark Plugs replacement - Seat want £189.. Get bent
Surely these are not too complicated but anyone got any recommendations for makes/types.

Brake fluid replacement - Seat again wants £189.. I presume there is nothing special just get some decent quality stuff and bleed through

Front disc corrosion. New disks £480!!! - to be honest it is not corroding where the pads interact with the disk so see no merit in this yet.

DSG gearbox oil change (no mention of filter in this but i assume there is one). - £189 (seeing a pattern here). Has anyone done this themselves is it tricky. I'm a little nervous of doing anything to that gearbox unless its straightforward as i can imagine eye watering bills if i get it wrong. but if its literally warm it up and undo a drain plug then refill sweet

Basically i don't have a grand to spoo ion the car just before Christmas,

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Find a good independent or a different Seat dealer. If the Wigan dealer is more of a Honda dealership, then maybe you’ve been quoted Honda prices?

interesting that the dealer you’ve spoken to want £189 for a brake fluid change when the price on Seat’s website is £49. Same with brake discs - price on Seat’s website is £309 for front pads and discs .
23A54DBB-A071-464B-AFE9-451DFD31B776.jpeg

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
So looking for a little advice here on some basic maintenance that Seat have told me needs to be done on my 18 Cupra 300, mostly for the utter ridiculous pricing i am looking at doing it myself so if anyone knows any pitfalls would be appreciated before i start ripping the car apart

Surely these are not too complicated but anyone got any recommendations for makes/types.

Brake fluid replacement - Seat again wants £189.. I presume there is nothing special just get some decent quality stuff and bleed through

Front disc corrosion. New disks £480!!! - to be honest it is not corroding where the pads interact with the disk so see no merit in this yet.

DSG gearbox oil change (no mention of filter in this but i assume there is one). - £189 (seeing a pattern here). Has anyone done this themselves is it tricky. I'm a little nervous of doing anything to that gearbox unless its straightforward as i can imagine eye watering bills if i get it wrong. but if its literally warm it up and undo a drain plug then refill sweet

Share a photo of your discs. Maybe just need a bit of use?

adam davies

Dec 30, 2019

Independant will be half that price.

Reactions: Peller

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Last dsg change we did was expensive, the oil is dear but quite how much I forget, second opinion needed?

jt20vt

Sep 17, 2010
Ngk 94833 are the equivalent spark plugs to genuine spec you can get a set of 4 for £40 upwards on ebay.
Letchworth seat did a brake fluid change for £48 earlier in the year on my cupra st so don't know what they are up too.
Disc's probably worth leaving on for a bit longer. And do in the new year.
Dsg fluid change I think is the same as what I paid last year.

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020

Just out of interest if you feel this way about the dealer why did you take your car there in the first place? That’s what doesn’t make sense to me when people post things like this. I see this all the time people bad mouth dealers but yet still take there car there in the first place. If your having to ask about changing the plugs maybe you shouldn’t be working on that car Incase you cost yourself even more money when things goes wrong especially bleeding brakes.
Up load your estimate they gave you so someone can explain to you what the labour cost is offset to the parts.

jt20vt

Sep 17, 2010
Totally agree with you, have to be aware of scammers but there are honest companies out there just have to do some home work first.

Reactions: Walone

jt20vt

Sep 17, 2010
If unsure use genuine parts from the forum sponsors then you can be assured.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Totally agree. I'd never buy car parts or engine oil off ebay. It's a scammers haven these days with little come back if you get ripped off.
I've bought loads of parts from reputable dealers on eBay all of which have been easy to identify as genuine parts, I think I've only had 2 problems (not car parts) in all the years of buying on eBay and these were easily resolved.

70 Plate- Cupra 290

Sep 10, 2020
Just take it to a independent garage and keep receipts so you can show it to next owner when you got it changed.
It should be quarter of this total price.

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
I've just had my 11/2018 290 in for it 3rd service (£189) I've also been hit with a potential big bill...

Air Conditioning Inoperative. Fault stored for low gas pressure, requires air con service £139.00 VAT Inc.

Brake fluid change due £69.00 VAT Inc.

Coolant level was low, found leak from waterpump and thermostat area, will need further investigation - Requires rebooked.

Front diff oil change due - due every 3 years £98.61 VAT Inc.

NSR Tyre - Cut in tyre, down to cords - Only continentals available from supplier. £153.22 VAT Inc.

Rear pads - 20% life left - Discs lipped. £329.00 VAT Inc.

Not bad for a 3 year old car with only 25k on it

I'm sure the diff oil was due at 4 years? I have a matching spare tyre with 4mm on it so I will be putting that on and as for the brakes I'll be buying parts myself and have a local garage doing them!

The dreaded water pump issue was previously investigated during last service but no issue found. I've only ever topped it a little once.

A little miffed at it all.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.