P0299 fault doing my head in

Nov 12, 2022
Hi everyone,

Got a PD150, Was driving to work on the motorway doing a steady speed, when the boost just stopped and the car lurched a bit and had no power, still drove.

Switched car off and back on and was fine.

Now used my OBD2 reader and its giving P0299 fault, so replaced the N75 valve with a new one from darkside and there's no boost at all now.

Is this more likely my turbo gone? It's a falcon turbos hybrid GT1756VK that's from about 2020 I think (previous owner)

In the middle of it working and not working it would smoke way more on boost than it usually did.

I've just fitted a darkside TIP and got some new vac lines to fit from the actuator to the N75 to see if it's been a split in the hose but im not very hopeful.

Anyone had anything like this before?

Thanks

Crackers

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Could just be sticky turbo vanes, plenty of info on YouTube about this.
Did you call Darkside about the N75??? Not saying it’s faulty but they might steer you in another direction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 12, 2022
Cheers mate, I'll have a quick look.

No I didn't fit it until 7pm last night after work so was about 9pm when got to try it out.

I'll see how I get on with the new vac lines when I get back from working away and see how I get on.

Cheers

Crackers

Reactions: bruceR

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
If it smokes on boost i would say its a leaking intercooler boost pipe / intercooler

Nov 12, 2022
I did think that, but I did a quick look over and they all seemed OK, it is some crappy ebay boost pipes and intercooler, previous owner fitted it and chopped the front bumper to make them fit 😔

Whats the best cooler and boost pipes to get then?

Cheers

Crackers