Paid £210 all in for EBC Turbo Groove Discs and Red Stuff Pads!

edmong

GHE Tuning
Aug 15, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
How cheap is that! and yes it is 2 discs and 4 pads!

One off special (I think) from *************!

Cant give the name just yet until tomor evening, new business, but will post asap.

Bargain, absolute bargain!:D

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
That's one pad brand i'd not spend money on after warping 3 different brands of discs whilst using them in anger.

CRN - 80 quidish for discs ( maybe slightly more for 323mm Cupra R discs) - quite a bit more as it happens ( £159) http://www.crnproducts.co.uk/catalo...=1110&osCsid=5496b369e2882c2bb47d3ac58b95c66c
DS2500 pads - 120 ish

By my maths that's £200ish for a proven non warping combination .... for an LC and £279 for an LCR

Last edited:

edmong

GHE Tuning
Aug 15, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
I'll run the set up and if its crap then i'll change them, but for that price it cannot be bad? Yes there is mixed opinions on the red stuff pads but I have only paid £60 for them and I have never used them, if they're crap then I will not use them again.

I like to learn from how different brands work on my LCR, if something is not what I expect a different brand will be used next time. I have listened to alot of dif opinions of fellow LCR owners and normally go with the flow but this time I wont.

Where do CRN get there discs from?

godber225r

T15 PJG
Sep 6, 2008
Whiteley, Hampshire
Them red stuff pads are ceramic arn't they?? no wonder they warp steel discs!! should be using ceramic discs with them surely!!?? I hate EBC will never use them again, Overpriced shite if you ask me!

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
had greenstuffs (don't know how they compare to redstuffs) on the biza with brembo discs and won't be giving those houseroom again that's for sure!! annihilated my discs and didn't work hardly,as many on here will testify! mega shite!! hope they work out for you though mate and you don't end up chucking good money after bad :(

edmong

GHE Tuning
Aug 15, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
Right had the new discs and pads fitted now for near on 250 miles. What can I say, EXCELLENT!

It turned out that the discs where the EBC Ultimax not the Turbo Grooves.

I know its only early to start praising this set up but so far so good.

Avant4me

Oct 13, 2005
Bristol
I will back you mate, i have used their stuff on previous cars as well. I have got red stuff pads running for some time now on OEM discs, which i have to say are well old, but no warping - touch wood for about 10k

MAtt

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
I never had any problem with the red stuff pads until i actually started to use them - it was only under those conditions ( repeated heavy braking) that the problems started and in Milton Keynes - repeated heavy braking is the bulk of my driving. After about 4 days of this, they'd munched the disc surface and warped them completely.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.