Painting brake calipers mk1 cupra

]D) - |F|R/A(G

HOW TO FRESHEN UP BRAKE CALIPERS

Ok well I could of just paid for some new brembos but after looking at the price of the brake Caliper Laquer Set by FOLIATEC.COM I thought for £20 its worth a shot.

-Paintbox.jpg

The Proccess

1) Take off the Wheel to get to the brake caliper

-BrakeBefore.jpg

Notice the fade to pink effect on the brembo caliper not a great sight lol

2) Get some warm water with a tiny drop of fairy liquid in a bucket and using a SMALL WIRE BRUSH scub off any dirt and bubbled paint on the caliper avoiding the disc and the brake shoe (just the red bits only). rinse off and dry the caliper with a clean cloth and leave for 10 mins

-scrubbed.jpg

3) Spray the can of cleaner onto the caliper (follow the instructions on the can for safety)
Then leave for another 10 minutes

-spray.jpg

4) Mix up the paint as instructed into another clean empty pot (this was 3 part paint to 1 part hardener)

-cansmix.jpg

5) cut out some masking tape to cover up the brembo logo only so you dont paint over it, I just pushed the tape onto the logo and rubbed it so the shape showed through then I could take it off and cut around the markings.
Paint the caliper as best you can (you can mask other parts of the brake if you dont want to risk not having a steady hand)

-Fullypainted.jpg

After 30 mins peel off the masking tape covering up the brembo logo but be careful and do it slow so you dont get strings of paint falling off.

6) Leave to dry and set for atleast 12 hours before you drive the car again so do plan ahead :)

I put the wheel back on as soon as I had peeled off the masking tape and left it over night but you have to watch out you dont touch the caliper when fitting the wheel back on.

The End Result

-Thefinish.jpg

Not bad for the price and it only took about 3 hours to do all 4 brakes

D - FRAG

Last edited by a moderator: