panic stations! cupra 2008

vardner

Sep 29, 2014
Hi all. Yesterday I bought a 2008 leon cupra. Having had the 1.9 TDI Emocion s before I thought it would be a big step up. It is many ways but inside the car is very worrying. The air bag switch in the glove box is missing and nowhere on the centre console is there an aux in port. There are only 2 banks of switches in the centre console esp off, set, then lock\unlock. It seems the console has been replaced with a lesser models version? I've removed the switches but worryingly cannot find the wiring. If the wires had been cut from the loom on these missing systems surely there'd be lots of warning lamps on the dash etc.? Starting to think it's a ringer.
Cheers vard.

vardner

Sep 29, 2014
Can anyone describe or attach a pic of the centre console plz? More so the handbrake area. Thanks.

Dodsy

Dec 30, 2012
Have a look under your drivers seat in the compartment, If there is an iPod dock there then you won't have an aux on the centre console

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DGF264

Jul 15, 2010
County Durham
Sorry to hijack..but I have a 57 plate (registered Jan 2008) Cupra. Has an aux port..but should it have USB/iPod Dock under either of the seats as well? Or is it kind of one or the other lol. Cheers!

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
Airbag switch was on option at that time, and not all cars had an aux input

Ben750

May 14, 2013
Pontefract, West Yorks.
Sorry to hijack..but I have a 57 plate (registered Jan 2008) Cupra. Has an aux port..but should it have USB/iPod Dock under either of the seats as well? Or is it kind of one or the other lol. Cheers!

No you get an aux port or an ipod dock or a usb port. One of the three.

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
All sounds fine to me, the centre console should only have esp, tyre pressure monitoring switches, lock/ unlock, wing mirror adjuster and 12v socket. You get either the aux in or usb, not both.

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Did you run any checks on the car before you bought it?
"MyCarCheck" is a good free app on iPhone for basic info which will confirm if it's a Cupra or not, or let us know the reg and I can have a look for you

vardner

Sep 29, 2014
hi Guys. thanks for all the replies that has really set my mind at ease...Richicupra I did HPI it before and it comes up as a cupra , I was just worried as it seemed less spec than my old 59 plate Leon emocion s that's all. But as the guys have said usb, or aux or the ipod dock under drivers seat, I have the ipod dock which is an arse as I don't have one..only a phone with headphone jack..its all good though like driving 2 of my other leons at once...wow..thanks again guys awesome!!! :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.