Park Pilot Q

arf1989

Apr 9, 2014
Hi all,

I recently received my new Leon FR Tech and it comes with both front and rear parking sensors. It seems park pilot is only activated when I shift into reverse? That's when the optical image is displayed in the centre console. Does anyone know if the sensors are on all the time? E.g. If I get a little too close with an object in front, will the sensors start beeping and image get displayed?

I have a DSG, so unsure if it works differently to a manual.

Thanks in advance! :)

adamant

May 13, 2014
I took delivery of my FR on Wednesday- mine are on all the time. You notice this when people cross the road in traffic behind your car.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

adamant

May 13, 2014
I also had a 14 plate FR that acted the same.

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
The front sensors activate when you get close to something at the front and a mini optical image will be displayed over the top of what ever is on your infotainment at the time

arf1989

Apr 9, 2014
I took delivery of my FR on Wednesday- mine are on all the time. You notice this when people cross the road in traffic behind your car.

Do you mean the car will start beeping? Is the optical display activated too?

adamant

May 13, 2014
Car beeps and the display changes

MyLeon

Jun 3, 2015
I think you enable it via the settings to come on automatically if you get close to something. It is a little slow to respond so by the time it starts beeping it's saying you are quite close, but the whole system does leave quite a big gap even when the tone goes to continuous.
I drove through the centre of London a few months ago and the beeping never stopped! Buses were the worst, they just squeeze through gaps with about a coat of paints clearance!

2015 Leon ST FR 184 DSG

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members