parking dinks

pauliepaul

stop making my car dirty
Aug 19, 2007
cornwall
ok this is doing my noggin

i went to plymouth the other week and some MORON managed to cave in the rear panel on my car. i took it to a local body shop and thankfully they popped out most of it, but there's still a couple of dents at the top and bottom. they said to completely remove them they would have to pop out the interior panel and get at them from behind.

now i guess i could do that myself.... ;)

question is:

1) how do I remove the rear panel on a 3dr ibiza?
2) can i get at the dent immediately or is the metalwork behind some more interior guff?
3) what's the best way to pop out a little dent from behind without cracking/damaging any paintwork?

would you guys like some pictures to help?

thanks guys and if you're the person who dented my car in the cinema car park i'm going to hunt you down and rip out your windpipe roadhouse style

diss_50

MK4 IBIZA CUPRA
Aug 21, 2007
I tend to park away from everybody in a car park even if its raining and im 2 miles away from the supermarket! lol - Worst one is multi storey car parks! nightmare

pauliepaul

stop making my car dirty
Aug 19, 2007
cornwall
I tend to park away from everybody in a car park even if its raining and im 2 miles away from the supermarket! lol - Worst one is multi storey car parks! nightmare

i know i have been a 3 space boy ever since :D it wound me up so much.

scrub the panel question i just found the guide for that. i just need hints on how to punch out those mofo dents :blink:

ettlz

Sep 21, 2006
This is why I prefer parking next to serious modders (not the blue-downlighting over the weekend types) --- they love their rides so much that the last thing they want on their car is flecks of paint from running their door into mine.

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
Take it do a paintless dent removal place, they have all the special tools, little hammer and funny plastic shaped things...

diss_50

MK4 IBIZA CUPRA
Aug 21, 2007
^^ Same here - I tend to park next to Mercs, BM's and Audis rather than MK1 Corsas, Old astras and White vans! Although I like about 2-3 spaces from the nearest car! :)

dozza.13

PS3 Tag - Dozza1979
Jun 30, 2006
Grimsby
Think I'd leave dent removal to the pro's, wouldn't wanna crack the paint! Could save some time by stripping the interior out for them tho! :)