• Evo Magazine are looking for a mint and (and ideally unmodified) Leon Cupra Sub8 to drive and photograph for a feature. Find out more here .
  • Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now
Sep 14, 2025
2
0
hi I have a Cupra Formentor V1 2022 and my parking sensors (all bar the rear one) are not working. The car displays an irritating message about manoeuvre parking being unavailable a couple of times per journey and there are grey exclamation marks on the display around the vehicle when parking.
I have had a look and can see a small chip in the front right one near the number plate. Is one being damaged likely to throw the others off? The real question is, how easy is this to fix myself and where do I buy the part from? Cupra have quoted a lot of money to fix 😫
 
IMG_2736.png

This is displayed on my app too
 
Is one being damaged likely to throw the others off?

Yes, that happened to a lot of people I know in their different brand cars, including my wife's '20 Peugeot 2008 recently. Left front one was dislodged due to a minor bump and it threw the whole system off. Dealer saw the fault messages & said that they had to check the whole wiring etc. I said just put it back and it will most probably work fine and I was right. They like to make problems look bigger than they are.
 
Last edited:
One being damaged will stop the others on the same part of the vehicle from working.

The damaged sensor will be the one with the grey block showing against it (I don't have an example image I'm afraid).

You tend to get messages popping up telling you to clean the sensors or faults stored indicating that there is an external influence stopping them from working.

The centre sensors are usually black and don't need painting.

Officially you are supposed to remove the bumper to do the job, unofficially, there's usually enough room to swap the sensor with the bumper intact.

TPS or the dealer are your best bet for the part.
 
One being damaged will stop the others on the same part of the vehicle from working.

The damaged sensor will be the one with the grey block showing against it (I don't have an example image I'm afraid).

You tend to get messages popping up telling you to clean the sensors or faults stored indicating that there is an external influence stopping them from working.

The centre sensors are usually black and don't need painting.

Officially you are supposed to remove the bumper to do the job, unofficially, there's usually enough room to swap the sensor with the bumper intact.

TPS or the dealer are your best bet for the part.
I know this is a bit of an old post, I have the same issue with a rear sensor. It’s too expensive to get done at the dealers and am looking for advice on how to remove the rear bumper myself. Any help would be greatly appreciated
 
Which sensor needs replacing?
It’s the rear right side. The one in the black bottom trim. I think I can get my hand in from behind as there is a gap but obviously I can’t see what I am doing it’s by feel.
It’s number 6 on the image below. Also I think the part number is 5WA.919.275
Is this correct? I was looking on eBay, any suggestions?
IMG_1548.jpeg
 
You need to lift the grey tab and push the plug off (red arrows) then spread the tabs on the sensor itself (blue arrows) then push the sensor back into the bumper.
 

Attachments

  • 20260921_094931.jpg
    20260921_094931.jpg
    428.5 KB · Views: 29