Parking sensor's!

SteveaB

Got the car wendsday and only found a couple of problems so far one being the tital and the other being a loose pannel inside the boot under the top brake light.

Back to the parking sensors, i don't really need em as i've never had them before and i drive things bigger with out problems but as it's on the car might as well get it sorted!

They satrt going off when ever i put the car in reverse which i'm gusing is normal but there's no pattern to them at all, theres nothing behide me and they go off? just can't figure it out! maybe there bent down or somthing?

Smart22186

Feb 21, 2006
Peterborough, England
Got the car wendsday and only found a couple of problems so far one being the tital and the other being a loose pannel inside the boot under the top brake light.

Dont really get u their? ^ top break light is housed in the spoiler aint it? and i have no idea what a tital is but thats just me lol.

Parking sensors? hmm seems strange? What noise do they make when on?? is it a beeping ?? Most make a

See below for demonstration

beep..........beep.........beep.........beep........beep (now imagine you getting near to something) beep...beep...beep...beep (oh sh*t you just about to hit it) beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep (oh cr*p u hit it) BANG (followed by lots of swearing. *this isn’t usually mentioned in the sensors hand guide but I’m sure its a side effect*)

any way what I’m getting at is, if your sensors are like the ones above (and I know at this min u wont know) and they are currently beeping then try getting a big sheet of cardboard/wood and start walking closer to you car (with sensors ON) if no change in sound (which I’m expecting) try angling the wood/cardboard diagonal under the wheels towards the bumper (so it goes under the bumper) see if that changes sound (this could tell u if the sensing downwards)

SteveaB

Thanks for that i'll give it a try.

tital was ment to be title!

The loose pannel is the bit of plastic that gose around the window that the parcel shelf straps go up into!

Smart22186

Feb 21, 2006
Peterborough, England
Oh....................title........................... ey? :blink: :confused:

(sorry i hope u wernt thinking i was picking on spelling, im deff not one to be doing that) i just have no idea what u mean by title? u dont like the name leon? seat? both??? hmm ok

I'll go and check my car out now with the bit about the plastic BRB

Smart22186

Feb 21, 2006
Peterborough, England
Oh....................title........................... ey? :blink: :confused:

(sorry i hope u wernt thinking i was picking on spelling, im deff not one to be doing that) i just have no idea what u mean by title? u dont like the name leon? seat? both??? hmm ok

I'll go and check my car out now with the bit about the plastic BRB

ok back, just checked mine out, sounds like either previous owner or dealer have fixed either boot locking mech, or rear wash wiper, (is their a small crack on the bit of plastic by the boot lock mech? (the interior trim) any way back on subject, just try banging it all round, its only held on by clips? maybe one hasnt bit in? or on other hand clip has broken off and then not much u can do other than;

1) take it all off and see if u can fix clip
2) take it all off and buy a new one from dealer
3) turn radio up?

SteveaB

lol i already tryed banging it but just dropped down again, i think it must be a clip although it sounds like a bolts loose in it!

I take it they just pull off?

What i ment by one problem being the title is the title of the topic is parking sensors!

Smart22186

Feb 21, 2006
Peterborough, England
lol i already tryed banging it but just dropped down again, i think it must be a clip although it sounds like a bolts loose in it!

I take it they just pull off?

What i ment by one problem being the title is the title of the topic is parking sensors!

ahhh it all makes sense now lol

ok so souns like sommin inside? its prob the clip itself inside, yeah im sure they just pull off? wouldnt wannt say (sure some1 will be along in a bit to make sure) the clips for the boot trim are them metal spring clips, chances are they the same for top trim, u may just be able to replace it to make it clip, worst case is the plastic housing is broke and superglue may be your friend!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.