Parking sensors ?!!

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
I am going to have a go at removing my parking sensors as I dont need them anymore. My friend was stoned when he put them on my car and has moved overseas now so not only are they pretty badly 'installed' (i.e. stuck on with araldite) but, he's not here to remove them. Im ok with riping the wiring out but, a bit concerned about removing them from the reverse gear. My car is an Automatic so I dont really have a scooby. Can anyone shed any light ? Im only assuming that something wiring and geary wise needs to be done as when I engage the rear gear the sensors beep.

allallyouyou

Arosa Sport
May 23, 2006
You say shed some light, they might be connected to the rear parking lights (white) in some way which causes the beeping?

You would have to get hold of wiring diagram for them or try get hold of the stoner to ask him in what way they are connected ;)

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Blimey charlie that seem pretty sensible ! I will have a look at the lights tomorrow to see if the wires go there. I have asked stoner and he cant remember ha ha ha !!

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Oh well what a fun morning I had today !!!? :) Finally got around to taking the old bumper off my car and putting the new one on. The parking sensors were wired to the reversing lights well done :D But I had 10 metres of cable to pull through and had to chip the sensors off the bumper as they had been araldited on and had bubble gum under them :confused: hmmm.

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
He he he ! 10 metres of cable and a 3 metre car is insane - never do anything to your car stoned :D or let a stoned person near it !

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise