PD130 oil cooler....upgrade?

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
on a sustained spirited run during the summer my oil temps reached 120 degrees:blink: which is a tad concerning......

IIRC the standand setup on a PD130 engine has an oil cooler at the base of the oil filter.

Is there an upgrade / possible swap from another VAG car that's a bigger cooler and also a direct fit that i could use to help regulate the oil temp a bit better?

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
Fitted a bespoke mocal oil cooler to mine, fed via a sandwich plate above the original oil cooler. :) Sits where the side mount used to reside. It's a 300mm? 13 row one

DSCN2973.jpg

Take off sandwich plate to feed the cooler

DSCN2974.jpg

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
thanks for the replies guys :thumbup:

so basically the oil / coolant heat exchanger fitted to my PD130 is the biggest one fitted to any VAG car, so no easy swap down that route........

:think:.......Jason....the sandwich plate you have fitted, is that a universal item? got a link :D

reading some posts in the links Viking posted (cheers ;)) a longer bolt with flow ducts is require to fix the sandwich plate, did you need one / where did get one from?

i'm assuming hoses are generally universal?

thanks again guys! :D

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
Mocal - www.thinkauto.com

Santino there helped me out to source the correct sandwich plate for the PD130, the necessary hose, and the 4 fittings needed (2 on plate as seen, and 2 on the cooler)

Oh, and not forgetting the cooler itself.

Mention my name to him and you might get a discount :D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.