PD170 Stuttering Problem Solved

jibba_128

Jan 8, 2011
Would this provvide any benefit to a standard 170pd tdi with no mods? And can it cause the turbo to wear quicker or anything??

MillsyFR

Feb 6, 2011
Linlithgow
I've got a pd130 FR Ibiza and I've got it mapped to 170bhp, I don't get so much of a stutter but in 4th,5th and 6th gear I get a sort of vibration/shuddering/grunting noise when I put the foot down. Sounds as though my boost hose is about to come off......even though it isn't. Any ideas? Would this gasket mods help or maby an EGR delete kit?

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I've got a pd130 FR Ibiza and I've got it mapped to 170bhp, I don't get so much of a stutter but in 4th,5th and 6th gear I get a sort of vibration/shuddering/grunting noise when I put the foot down. Sounds as though my boost hose is about to come off......even though it isn't. Any ideas? Would this gasket mods help or maby an EGR delete kit?

Sounds like a DMF (duel mass flywheel) problem to me.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Did you use a T50 or spline? I'm trying to find out what spine size it is but haven't found a definite answer yet.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
In the other thread somebody said that although the T50 will fit, it's not the proper size?

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Received and fitted the gasket today (thanks Dave @ Sere). I was surprised at how easy it was to be honest, I'm usually useless with things like this.
I ordered one of these off ebay to do the bolts with and it fitted perfect - plus will come in handy in the future I'm sure:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320699926489&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
The back bolt was a bit hard to get to without scratching my hands a nearby wiring loom (shovel hands here!) but with a long ratchet I'm sure it'd be easier. Plus I was doing it on a hot engine - it's the only time it's been fine weather for 5 minutes to do it lol!

The only thing I found was that the pipe wouldn't come away from the EGR very far (just a couple of mm) - didn't want to force it. So I got a kitchen knife and just flicked the old gasket off. Slid the new one in and fastened back up within a couple of mins.

So... has it made a difference!? I don't know is the honest answer haha! I'm going out later on which involves some town driving and motorway so will see how I get on and report back!

ash101

May 6, 2010
Neath
So... has it made a difference!? I don't know is the honest answer haha! I'm going out later on which involves some town driving and motorway so will see how I get on and report back![/QUOTE]

Dev what was ur verdict on the egr gasket mod.
Any update???

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Car certainly does seem to be smoother on standstill. It's early days to say whether it's solved the problem I was hoping (intermittent) however early signs are good!!

Joec1

Feb 9, 2010
Wiltshire
anyone know where i can buy this from online? as i live miles fro the nearest VW/Skoda/Seat dealer... and wont have time (outise of work) to go and get the part in person.....

my symptom is a hesitation similar to being starved of fuel, while cruising at around 15-1900RPM, giving me the "learner driver wobble" haha.

Cheers

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Just a quick point, this will throw up a DTC - doesn't bring the EML light on, but the ECU complains a bit about it in readiness test etc:

Code:
001025 - EGR System: Insufficient Flow 
               P0401 - 006 - Short to Plus - Intermittent
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00000001
                    Fault Priority: 1
                    Fault Frequency: 4
                    Reset counter: 25
                    Mileage: 156374 km
                    Time Indication: 0
                    Date: 2000.00.00
                    Time: 17:27:55

Freeze Frame:
                    RPM: 1984 /min
                    Torque: 88.0 Nm
                    Speed: 104.0 km/h
                        84.63 %
                        95.55 %
                    Mass Air / Rev.: 310.6 mg/str
                    Mass Air / Rev.: 457.8 mg/str

Readiness: N/A

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
**Update**

S4ark Performance are claiming to have a 100% Fix for this now, They are saying that the problem is Coding Related in the Siemens PPD ECU and that all of their Remaps from now on for the PD170 Will contain the new Coding

Because they have done this off their own back they wont release what exactly is causing the problem to anybody, Which means other tuners and VAG wont be able to update this on theres

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
**Update**

S4ark Performance are claiming to have a 100% Fix for this now, They are saying that the problem is Coding Related in the Siemens PPD ECU and that all of their Remaps from now on for the PD170 Will contain the new Coding

Because they have done this off their own back they wont release what exactly is causing the problem to anybody, Which means other tuners and VAG wont be able to update this on theres

Fair enough for S4ark, its time JBS etc admitted there is a problem with coding and give some help / free coding update.

Although I must say I have no problem with JBS and the De-DPF code seems fine, but only the stutter which to me feels like a fueling issue to be honest but who know.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.