Pedal vibration

Jimmyboy

Ladies Love Cool James
Feb 24, 2002
Southampton
When acceleration fairly rapidly in first and sometimes second gear I get a very annoying vibrating sound coming from the underside of the steering column. I also seem to be able to feel it in the pedals as well. Its very annoying but very difficult to work out exactly where its coming from while driving and accelerating! Any had this on theirs?

Garth

Back in the S!
Mar 5, 2003
Newcastle
Visit site
I had a similar vibration on my mk2. It turned out to be the cat rubbing on th underside of the car and making the pedals vibrate. I re-aligned the exhaust and it went away.

Jimmyboy

Ladies Love Cool James
Feb 24, 2002
Southampton
Thanks I'll have a look and see if its something like this, the dealer thought it might have been the heat shield but it definitely seemes to be coming from the dash are, its very loud and obvious! Bloody annoying!

Brownster

Pure Brownmonsterage
Mar 4, 2006
sheffield
Again a reply to an ages old thread... but you've gotta admire my searching skills...

Did you sort this out, or does anyone else know about this? This is Exaclty the problem that i have just got after having my cam belt changed (although im driving a LCR)

Spud_G40

PS3 Gamer tag: SRedx
Jun 12, 2006
Glasgow
I know what it is as i had this:-

Behind the pedals there is a small black cover at the bottom of the steering column, take that off turn the steering wheel until you can see two 13mm nuts on a black plate. They may not appear loose but tighten them as much as you can. And it will fix this problem.

Master tech at my work told me about this, cheap fix, i thought i was going to need a rack.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
or check the exhaust is EXACTLY in line

if its out even slightly it will bang the bulkhead

Brownster

Pure Brownmonsterage
Mar 4, 2006
sheffield
Cheers guys - car is in the stealers at the minute so they can check it out - if they say nothings wrong ill try those out !

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.