performance intercooler

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Adam

I'd leave it tell well later on in yur mod list, even with a stage 2 remap the SMIC are good enough.
If you are thinking about a FMIC save up and go for a Forge one, they are the best by far.
Get the breathing sorted out ie Cold Air Induction kit or smoothed air box with panel filter.
Get the handling sorted out with ARB's and stuffer bushes.
Get a freer flowing exhaust including down pipe
Then worry about a FMIC.

ChrisJ

Lemon
Feb 2, 2007
APD Vag - Near Holton Heath
If you are going Stage 1 remap in my own experience the single side mounted intercooler is not sufficient in the summer, the problem will be slightly more noticable with stage 2. I think heat soak is a major problem and simply made my cars power delivery very nathagic after you had been on the beans for a while, like when your slaughtering your average scooby! :lol:

Another good kit which has proven better gains than the forge alternative would be the APD FMIC Kit, exclusive to APD Vag near me down south. :)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
If you are going Stage 1 remap in my own experience the single side mounted intercooler is not sufficient in the summer, the problem will be slightly more noticable with stage 2. I think heat soak is a major problem and simply made my cars power delivery very nathagic after you had been on the beans for a while, like when your slaughtering your average scooby! :lol:

Another good kit which has proven better gains than the forge alternative would be the APD FMIC Kit, exclusive to APD Vag near me down south. :)
Chris he has a LCR with has the Twin SMIC's which are as I said not a problem with these even in stage 2 guise

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise