Performance mods for the 1.4 tsi ?as swapping it for the 2.0 engine is proving to be difficult.

Mohamed emarah

Mar 27, 2019
Egypt
Reactions: davidvilao

Mohamed emarah

Mar 27, 2019
Egypt
@BigJase88 suggested the following mods to support a bigger turbo
bigger intercooler
uprated clutch / possibly flywheel
bigger brakes
exhaust
intake
suspension mods
What else do I need and if possible which aftermarket companies have the best component in the list above? I'll contact dpm for suspension mods but if anyone can help on what I'll need to get would be highly appreciated

Lozzy15

Mods mods mods
Staff member
Mar 24, 2015
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
A company called RTMG have packages that they claim can get the 1.4Tsi upto 240BHP, and they recently mentioned on their FB page that they're working on a 260BHP package, but it won't be cheap for the parts. You'd be looking at thousands.
As said it would certainly be cheaper and simpler to sell up and get a Cupra.
Upping the power to those kind of levels will cause complications with insurance, and you'd seriously have to consider upgrading the brakes, suspension and clutch for it to be successful That's not to mention the possibility of failure of engine components being pushed to a level they weren't designed for in the first place. I own a 1.4 and have looked into this myself as I can't afford a Cupra at the moment, but it's far too much work and cost to justify attempting.

That being said, if you're really wanting to give it a look, this is their website. You can contact them and ask what would be needed. I've found them quite helpful in the past.
https://www.r-tmg.com/products?find=seat-leon-5f-2012-------1-4-tsi-ea211-140---150-hp-1862

Reactions: Mohamed emarah

Mohamed emarah

Mar 27, 2019
Egypt
A company called RTMG have packages that they claim can get the 1.4Tsi upto 240BHP, and they recently mentioned on their FB page that they're working on a 260BHP package, but it won't be cheap for the parts. You'd be looking at thousands.
As said it would certainly be cheaper and simpler to sell up and get a Cupra.
Upping the power to those kind of levels will cause complications with insurance, and you'd seriously have to consider upgrading the brakes, suspension and clutch for it to be successful That's not to mention the possibility of failure of engine components being pushed to a level they weren't designed for in the first place. I own a 1.4 and have looked into this myself as I can't afford a Cupra at the moment, but it's far too much work and cost to justify attempting.

That being said, if you're really wanting to give it a look, this is their website. You can contact them and ask what would be needed. I've found them quite helpful in the past.
https://www.r-tmg.com/products?find=seat-leon-5f-2012-------1-4-tsi-ea211-140---150-hp-1862
Thank you so much ! The problem is I don't have enough money for the cupra right now so will give this a look

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
If u have mechanical knowledge about car will be a lot cheaper to do yourself..buying crashed cupra any other vag 2.0tsi engine..Making sure it is good and running ok..Swap engine,and have fun...

Or buy bolt on performance parts and have fun (cheaper)

Poslano z mojega SM-G390F z uporabo Tapatalk

Reactions: Mohamed emarah

Mohamed emarah

Mar 27, 2019
Egypt
If u have mechanical knowledge about car will be a lot cheaper to do yourself..buying crashed cupra any other vag 2.0tsi engine..Making sure it is good and running ok..Swap engine,and have fun...

Or buy bolt on performance parts and have fun (cheaper)

Poslano z mojega SM-G390F z uporabo Tapatalk
The problem is I can't find a salvaged cupra for a good price and correct me if I'm wrong but I can't swap my engine for any 2.0 tsi vag engine as that would mean I would need to leave my control open

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.