Phenolic Spacer Fitting

Hi,
I've just got a Phenolic Spacer for my inlet manifold but need to know what parts i need for fitting it.

I will need longer manifold bolts but i am unsure of what size i need, i think the original bolts are M6 x 25mm long???
Does anyone know for definate the size or the bolts and length i would need for fitting the gasket?
Also does anyone know the part number for the standard manifold gasket for the BAM engine as i need two of these for fitting.

Is there anything else i will need or have to be wary of when taking the inlet manifold off and putting it back on?

Cheers
Rich

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Get the vacuum out and vacuum around the inlet where it bolts on to the block, small bits WILL fall into the engine if you don't, just remember where the pipes came from underneath the Mani, and good luck. when i did mine i didn't unplug the throttle boddie other wise you have to re-Aline it with vag com...or so i was told.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I was told that longer bolts weren't needed, this came up in a post that jamiebennett posted as I told him to get new bolts and Bill (badger 5) said it wasn't needed.
Where did you buy the gasket from?
I got mine from INA (Issam) and it came with 2 OEM gaskets.
I would buy some gasketing paste and apply a small amount to all the mating faces. Also make sure the head and manifold faces are true and smooth before making this up. Make sure you have a proper make up routine too as if you tighten up one side first you will create a leak path.

I got it from robdon as he isn't using it with his SEM. He said i'd probably need longer bolts. The trouble is that i don't want to go to fit it and find i need longer bolts as i can't be without my car.
I take it you haven't fitted yours yet?

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Na min, i haven't had a chance.
Did Rob have longer bolts on his?
You could measure the thickness of the spacer and and see if there is enough room in the length of the OEM ones.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.