photography section

richellis

Feb 29, 2008
Cannock
Hi,
Was thinking how good a photography section would be, theres a few of us on here that like taking pics, so how about a section where we can show off some of our pics???
Some other forums have this, and they seam well used?
Or is it just me :confused:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I guess I just go to photography sites for photography, and come here for Seat info...

:yes:

We're trying to limit the number of subforums really, especially those not directly SEAT related

Even though both myself & ZBOYD are into photography, we're trying to steer SCN down the SEAT topic line where possible

Mat

agreed. plus there's also the Seat Pictures and Readers Rides section for those pictures.

Photoshop Section if you want to show you editing skills

Lifestyle & Sport for talking about hobbies etc (Maybe re-name it to Lifestyle & Hobbies ????)

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
:yes:

We're trying to limit the number of subforums really, especially those not directly SEAT related

Even though both myself & ZBOYD are into photography, we're trying to steer SCN down the SEAT topic line where possible

Good stuff! :)

I can think of another forum specific to a particular model that is a nightmare to navigate due to the fact its got a million sub forums and about 90% of the posts on it, are nothing to do with SEAT nevermind the particular model the forum is for.

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
That sounds like a good compromise :)

And how does that change the section? Especially since the strap line for the section reads

"If you have a life other than cars talk about it here. Hobbies, Sport chat etc."

I know lots of forums have a section for photography, DIY, Shaving your poodle, etc but that de-values the forum IMO. Once a forum looses it's focus, it's then on it's way out as a worth while place to visit. I think the hint is in the name of the site... It has Seat in it :lol:

If you want to talk about photography whats wrong with www.talkphotography.co.uk ? ;)

3LL1077

Mr Plumb
May 28, 2009
Peterborough
Uk-Polos has a thriving forum regarding the cars and the photography/photoshop section

I would of thought the text underneath the Lifestyles bit would be changed lol

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
There's probably more mountain bikers on here than photographers,we didn't get our own sub section either.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
There have been several photography threads that have 'died' for lack of contribution. This rather suggests to me that a sub-forum would go the same way. Nobody is stopping anyone posting photography threads in lifestyle..... Prove me wrong.... :):)

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
There have been several photography threads that have 'died' for lack of contribution. This rather suggests to me that a sub-forum would go the same way. Nobody is stopping anyone posting photography threads in lifestyle..... Prove me wrong.... :):)

I think your case is proved by a quick scan of the lifestyle section this morning... [B)]

EmDee

Omnishambolic
The site already has too many sub-sub-sub forums and is a monster. I can only begin to imagine what the administrational burden is like as it is. There is already a place for you to talk photography without changing anything. Just start a photography thread under lifestyle etc etc. Slightly altering the name of that section is pretty pointless if you ask me.

Having said that, I would like a section for us belly button lint collectors, I think we are undervalued as a demographic and feel that we contribute a great deal.

cornish_cupra

an someone not just make a sticky thread in readers rides or lifestyle and people can put their best pics and tips in there

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.