pick up Arosa next Thursday

dubburke

Hello,
I pick up my Arosa tdi (2001) next Thursday, the car has fsh and 49k and is yoyo yellow, i got the car for £3k, is this a good price?
Also what mods would you recomend i do. i dont want any boy racer stuff as i am 40 this year:cry:
Thanks

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
New wheels :D and you might want to lower it as the suspension is a little erm ...................... high ! You excited ?

dubburke

Yes i am looking forward to it, i have just bought a mk2 golf gti 16v aswell , so i am a bit of a VAG nut:p
078d_1.JPG

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Im really liking that there, nice colour and doesnt look like you need alloys. Definately lowering it should be your 1st move :D

dubburke

I have a set of BBS splits just refurbed to go on
newgolfmk1011.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

1litre wonder

(s)Low rider
Jul 6, 2006
Glasgow
For why, look at craig's signature ;)

yeah but if you go crazy low like me you need to avoid

- sudden rises in the road ( to avoid hitting the nose )
- peaks in the road ( cause it catches the underside)
- speedbumps ( cause the front wheels either A get over them and then the speed bump gets stuck as the car will sit on the sills stuck on the speed bumps ,B the front bumper will hit it ,C the Cat will catch on it )
-pot holes cause theres no suspension travel :lol:
- big *ss potholes cause the wheels go into them and then the bumper and sill hit the ground

dubburke

No i won't go crazy low as i live in the country, and the roads are not great, 40mm lower i think

cardaft

Apr 21, 2007
Yeah, hope its as you haped it would be :)

I bought my TDi Arosa one year today :D

Going to give it a wash soon to celebrate :lol:

dubburke

Drove back the 200 miles no problem, it feels alot bigger than it actually is, and is very capable of keeping up with traffic, i would say a remap would do wonders for the car.
Anyone have a remap on their tdi? Any drawbacks?

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
You sound happy with your new purchase :D Hope its all tippity top. Now just to wash it and then take it for a little photoshoot !

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.