picked fr 150 up

jay-bob 25

Jun 18, 2004
picked my fr 150 up yesterday what a time to pick up in snow ive not had time to try as in telford had a lot of snow but it drove quite good on way back from wolverhampton been looking about a bit today in between snow showers i ordered the spare wheel but they said all cars they ordered with spare wheel they are waiting for spare wheel to come it needs the spare wheel kit hopefully it comes with the jack as you dont get one only compressor and can of stuff which is useless if you get a tear in the tyre or if it came off the rim

kugaman1

Mar 6, 2013
Aberdeenshire
Im still waiting for mine to arrive....

I also ordered the spare wheel....

Still cant wait tho, come on SEAT, pull your finger out wheres ma car?

Andy

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
A way from you but saw a transporter on the M25 today with 8 FRs, 5 Red and 3 White;)

Last edited:

phsroberts

Wifeys turned up at the dealers yesterday, picking it up on Monday.

kugaman1

Mar 6, 2013
Aberdeenshire
Grrrr,

Wheres mine? Ordered on 1st march, was already specced and ordered by dealer so I bought it.
Was told 2 weeks......

Grrrr!!!!!

I want my FR now!!!

Incidentally, my wife called the dealer asking for an update and was told thecar was en route to the port of Tyne?
Sounds like dealer BS to me!

Andy

Last edited:

phsroberts

There was a shipment in yesterday, so is have thought you car would have been on the same boat.

kugaman1

Mar 6, 2013
Aberdeenshire
Ok buddy cheers!

Will just wait for word from the dealer.... Not holding my breath is the experience so far is anything to go by!

Andy

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
LED lights look mint one of the best features of the MK3

Going to be alot of people upset they didn't wait for the 184ps TDI model though over the 150ps TDI model

Last edited:

jay-bob 25

Jun 18, 2004
led lights

hi kugaman 1 ive not been out in the dark yet i did not venture out at all the weekend but wil let you know prob be tues

WildWestHero

Mar 11, 2007
The Wild West
picked my fr 150 up yesterday what a time to pick up in snow ive not had time to try as in telford had a lot of snow but it drove quite good on way back from wolverhampton been looking about a bit today in between snow showers i ordered the spare wheel but they said all cars they ordered with spare wheel they are waiting for spare wheel to come it needs the spare wheel kit hopefully it comes with the jack as you dont get one only compressor and can of stuff which is useless if you get a tear in the tyre or if it came off the rim

Congrats on the new arrival. Hoping to get mine at the start of May, subject to the drag factor of the lease company. Hope all the snow clears soon so you can get a better feel for it.

Ashworth

Feb 2, 2010
Nottinghamshire
Going to be alot of people upset they didn't wait for the 184ps TDI model though over the 150ps TDI model

I had a test drive a few weeks ago in a 150 tdi FR and although I thought it was a lovely car I felt it slightly lacked something compared to my current CR 170 and previous PD model.
I decided that I therefore must have the 184 tdi. When I found out that my dealer could not take orders for it yet an at the earliest it could be November when I might get one I decided to order a 1.8 tsi 180 bhp instead. I'm told that I should get it by June.

I usually change my car every 3 years and so if I like the Mk3 I could go for the tdi 184 in 3 years time! I'm quite looking forward to my 1.8 tsi as I haven't had a petrol engine now for approx 12 years having driven VW Golf tdi's before I moved over to Seat.

I still haven't seen any reviews of the 1.8 tsi. I ordered it without testing one having heard such good reports about the 1.4 tsi. Has anyone heard anything about the 1.8 or have any ideas about how it might compare to the tdi models.

Stegor

Jul 17, 2011
I had a test drive a few weeks ago in a 150 tdi FR and although I thought it was a lovely car I felt it slightly lacked something compared to my current CR 170 and previous PD model.
I decided that I therefore must have the 184 tdi. When I found out that my dealer could not take orders for it yet an at the earliest it could be November when I might get one I decided to order a 1.8 tsi 180 bhp instead. I'm told that I should get it by June.

I usually change my car every 3 years and so if I like the Mk3 I could go for the tdi 184 in 3 years time! I'm quite looking forward to my 1.8 tsi as I haven't had a petrol engine now for approx 12 years having driven VW Golf tdi's before I moved over to Seat.

I still haven't seen any reviews of the 1.8 tsi. I ordered it without testing one having heard such good reports about the 1.4 tsi. Has anyone heard anything about the 1.8 or have any ideas about how it might compare to the tdi models.

Well it's got less torque but the 0-60 is about the same so I would expect smooth power delivery but perhaps without the 'kick in the back'. No reviews because it isn't out yet (at least in the UK). I did the same as you and crossed my fingers and ordered it anyway. Also been given June as delivery. Did you get it with the DSG?

Ashworth

Feb 2, 2010
Nottinghamshire
Well it's got less torque but the 0-60 is about the same so I would expect smooth power delivery but perhaps without the 'kick in the back'. No reviews because it isn't out yet (at least in the UK). I did the same as you and crossed my fingers and ordered it anyway. Also been given June as delivery. Did you get it with the DSG?

No not DSG. I'm beginning to wonder whether I should have ordered a DSG but I'm sure I'll like what I've ordered.

phsroberts

The 1.8 TSI is an absolute belter of an engine. You'll be disappointed coming from a diesel, especially a PD, for about a week or two...then you'll realise what a great choice you made. It's so much more refined and whilst it doesn't have the 'kick in the back' of the PD, it just keeps on going to 6500rpm, where the diesel would be well into the next gear or just completely out of puff.

jay-bob 25

Jun 18, 2004
kugaman

hi kugaman i went out last night and the leds are very good i think they are as good as the ones on my fr plus i dont think you will be disappointed mate

kugaman1

Mar 6, 2013
Aberdeenshire
hi kugaman i went out last night and the leds are very good i think they are as good as the ones on my fr plus i dont think you will be disappointed mate

Cheers buddy,

Cant wait to get mine. Got a call from the dealer today, car is in the country and in transit to them! :clap:

Rang Seat insurance for the free 7 day cover.
Got a full quote, me and the wife, both mid 40s, full NCD £243 with NCD protection. Price includes a £50 discount to cover the cost of any fees for cancelling my existing insurance.
Pretty good i thought?

Andy

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.