Picked it up today, already been busy with VCDS!!

stevie-p

Registered VCDS User
Feb 10, 2018
Doncaster
Hi to all,

So, this morning I collected my latest VAG car (but my first ever Seat).

The car then. It is a 2013 SE Lux that already as an impressive standard spec, but after a lot of searching I found one with all the extras I wanted, these are;

Heated front windscreen
Media system 3.2
Park assist
Seat folding towbar (the electrically deployed one)
Xenon Headlights
Rear side airbags

After a 65ish mile return journey from the dealer I am so impressed with how it drives, there is no escaping the fact that it is a big car, but it drives so nicely, is very comfortable and quiet. Its great.

Now, not one to keep things standard for long, I have plugged in VCDS this evening and have already performed the following mods:

Needle sweep (staging)
Mirrors fold with locking
Indicator comfort flashes to 5
Turned off headlights on above 90mph (highway function)
Front fogs as DRL (with parking lights off)
Turn off DRL when indicating
Front fogs as leaving/coming home
Rain closing active
Turned off beep when boot closing
Turned off beep when phone connects

I think that will do for now, but i do have some future plans.

I am planing to change as many bulbs as possible for LED's and I am on the look out for some newer model LED rear light clusters.
A remap will be on the cards, the 140 is adequate but I will want more eventually.
I am planning to fit the remote AUX Heater system (handy that the car already has a Webasto AUX heater, and the remote kits are not a bad price.
I may also start to research retrofitting memory drivers seat.

Thanks all
Steve

Monks Seat

Mar 23, 2009
Birmingham
Stupid question but you said Plug in VCDS, so I went on eBay, do you just need the cable of the software also? And what sort of cost is it for every thing? I’m waiting to get the mirrors to fold in also.

stevie-p

Registered VCDS User
Feb 10, 2018
Doncaster
Monks Seat - In life remember, there are no stupid questions, only stupid people.........:D

VCDS or Vagcom as some people call it is the system developed by the US company Ross-Tech and for many years has been, arguably, the best system to use for VAG diagnostics and electric module re-coding.

Be aware, that if you are looking at one of the leads on ebay and they are cheap or come with the software on a disc, then the are usually copies and if you try to update the software the lead will become unusable.

I have a fully licenced lead supplied from the Ross tech UK supplier (Gendan.co.uk). The genuine leads are not particularly cheap (around £370) but for that you get free updates for life and full tech support from Ross tech (proved invaluable many times). I have been using my lead for about the last 5 years and in that time it has paid for itself many times over in fault finding alone. If you are buying one off ebay check the version of the software that comes will it and see how out of date it is, as I am now using v18.1.

Anyway, if you are interested in doing the mirror fold (assuming you already have folding mirrors) it is straight forward to do.

Cheers
Steve

stevie-p

Registered VCDS User
Feb 10, 2018
Doncaster
Stupid question but you said Plug in VCDS, so I went on eBay, do you just need the cable of the software also? And what sort of cost is it for every thing? I’m waiting to get the mirrors to fold in also.

Plus, if you dont want to invest in it or are concerned about using it, then ask around the forums and you will no doubt find others like myself who are quite skilled with VCDS and will be able to sort the thinks you are wanting for a very reasonable amount of beer tokens.

If you ever fancy a trip up to sunny Doncaster, then give me a shout.......

EuroDriver

Jan 25, 2015
Monaco
Hi to all,

Thanks all
Steve

I have a MY 2015, and have 147 K km on the car. I would like to upgrade the front seats to make the long journeys more comfortable

Do you know which VAG cars have compatible front seats ?

stutro

Apr 20, 2016
Steve, would you be able to tell us what codes you had to change in the module to allow folding mirrors please??

Apr 7, 2019
Hi to all,

So, this morning I collected my latest VAG car (but my first ever Seat).

The car then. It is a 2013 SE Lux that already as an impressive standard spec, but after a lot of searching I found one with all the extras I wanted, these are;

Heated front windscreen
Media system 3.2
Park assist
Seat folding towbar (the electrically deployed one)
Xenon Headlights
Rear side airbags

After a 65ish mile return journey from the dealer I am so impressed with how it drives, there is no escaping the fact that it is a big car, but it drives so nicely, is very comfortable and quiet. Its great.

Now, not one to keep things standard for long, I have plugged in VCDS this evening and have already performed the following mods:

Needle sweep (staging)
Mirrors fold with locking
Indicator comfort flashes to 5
Turned off headlights on above 90mph (highway function)
Front fogs as DRL (with parking lights off)
Turn off DRL when indicating
Front fogs as leaving/coming home
Rain closing active
Turned off beep when boot closing
Turned off beep when phone connects

I think that will do for now, but i do have some future plans.

I am planing to change as many bulbs as possible for LED's and I am on the look out for some newer model LED rear light clusters.
A remap will be on the cards, the 140 is adequate but I will want more eventually.
I am planning to fit the remote AUX Heater system (handy that the car already has a Webasto AUX heater, and the remote kits are not a bad price.

Thanks all
Steve
Steve

Is there a guide for how to do these vcds mods. I have vagcom etc so know how to use it.

Thanks

Will

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Aug 23, 2020
Hi Steve,

have you had any luck with the remote for the webasto heater - been searching the web for some time now trying to get any help / info on the subject. Any advise will be most welcome.
Regards,

Nick