picking up my new formula sport this week!!

simonfouracre

Hi, am new to the forum and picking up my new formula sport at the end of the week, and have a couple of questions regarding swaping my current head unit over.

Have seen some of the threads on this and am planning to put in in the lower slot with the spare slot above. Does anyone know if the controls on the steering wheel will still work, will i need a specific adaptor for my headunit??

Is there any gromets from the engine bay to the inside of the car to run cabling from the battery to my amp and sub in the boot?? And is there space behind the centre console for all the cabling.

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Welcome to the site! :wave:

If you change the headunit the steering wheel controls won't work. And yes there are grommets going from the engine bay into the car. If you need a step by step wiring guide I've got one i made. ;)

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Top right of the engine bay. ;)
P7150419.jpg

simonfouracre

step by step guide would be great thanks!! Got plenty of work to be doing on it over the weekend. Anyone got the steering wheel controls working with an aftermarket hu?? Not sure of exactly what adaptors etc are needed.

Markie68

Cars = ££
Jan 15, 2008
Tamworth
Hiya I am also new to these having ordered myself a white FR yesterday I am also looking to wire in a new headunit with a sub and amp. Please could I have your step by step guide mate?

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Wiring diagram!

P7150419.jpg

You will see the grommet in the top right of your engine bay - take it out and make a whole in it to feed the live wire through.

There is a second grommet under the scuttle - do the same here.

P7150421.jpg

P7150422.jpg

Take these screws out of the glove box. Then remove the glove box (or top half - can't remember tbh! lol)

P7150423.jpg

P7150424.jpg

P7150425.jpg

This picture is the wrong way up - so turn your computer monitor 90 degrees anti clockwise! Run the wires down the back of this plastic trim and along the sill trim (inside the car.)

P7150426.jpg

P7150427.jpg

Fold the back drivers side rear seat down and you will see something like this - take the clip out and feed the wire through here.

P7150429.jpg

Run it out the back of the seat into the boot.

P7150431.jpg

Last edited:

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Connect earth wire somewhere. I connected mine here. This picture is as you're looking down into the boot. This is the edge near the bumper. :)

P7150432.jpg

Then connect the sub and amp together. :)

Hope this helps.

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
cables are smaller than mine lol you dont have to take the glove box out but it might be an idea as i have done this 4 times i know how to do it :) pull the plastics off steadly but firmly...

They are only tiny little wires yeh but it doesn't sound bad at all. :)

I didn't pull the trims off because you cannot see the wires at all! No one could tell (unless you folded the rear seat) and then you'd see a little bit of wire. Easier to remove like this too. :cartman:

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
yeah u would be able to do that with them tiny wires but i had no chance with mine lol yeah thats the only point u can see my wires to but never mind who folds up the rear bench anyway? lol

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
yeah u would be able to do that with them tiny wires but i had no chance with mine lol yeah thats the only point u can see my wires to but never mind who folds up the rear bench anyway? lol

Not me cos my sub is velcro'd to my back seat! :lol: Cos I've got such a thin box - it toppled over everytime I gave it some welly! Maybe if I had a 1.2 it would have been ok! :cartman:

bobthecod

Sep 23, 2007
lol im running 4guage cable at the moment.. got to fit 0gauge when i got the time.. just don't know where its gunna go lol