Picture of a standard engine bay.

Cupra Jim

Nov 18, 2009
Coventry
Guys,

Can someone please provide me a picture of a standard engine bay! Having looked at my engine I think I'm missing something and just need to have a look.

Basically, below the battery on the right hand side there is a gap and just curious whether I should have something there!

I have looked at the ITG filter pictures where the cone goes in the gap. I'm not really that concerned but interested as there is a thread for a bolt or screw where something should of been.

Cheers Guys

Jim

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
There you go matey, TDI engine FYI :)

Danny.

29112009198.jpg

wef24

Hey Nath, looks a good neet mod, can you tell us where you got it from

Cheers
Edd

wef24

Thanks for the info knight, will be getting one shortly I think

Cheers
Edd

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
Did that engine cover come with yours? Seat could not be arsed fitting one to mine [:@]

Yeah it did, it was silver but I painted it red. TBH it's more hassle than it's worth. I've had the mounts replaced 3 times whilst owning the car, it just comes off and knocks the Dipstick out aswell :(

Danny.

Cupra Jim

Nov 18, 2009
Coventry
Thanks guys for the replys, guess nothing is missing, so I think I'll have to purchase an induction to fit in the gap.

Pass it buy the Mrs by telling her somethings missing lol!!! Its funny how we have to justify our own money being spent or our toys but when its shoes or cloths were supposed to just agree!! lol

Jim

pacm0n

Dec 15, 2008
DERBYSHIRE
Yeah it did, it was silver but I painted it red. TBH it's more hassle than it's worth. I've had the mounts replaced 3 times whilst owning the car, it just comes off and knocks the Dipstick out aswell :(

Danny.

Hey,

If you pull the rubber seal what is around the dipstick over the actual engine bay cover, even if the mounts do come loose the dipstick wont come out. I think thats what the seal is for because there is a lip around that part of the engine bay cover.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.