piper downpipe and sports cat

davegrayburn

Mar 15, 2008
southend on sea
currently have a piper cat back exhaust..now looking to purchase the matching sports cat and downpipe..this is for a remaped 1.8t (not r). has anybody got any feedback for this either negative or positive. any ecu issues with regard to the better spool up. best place to purchase this system.

Avant4me

Oct 13, 2005
Bristol
I have got the full system. Massively improved throttle response and spool up time. It did cause problems with my P- Torque map, but this was easily sorted out. Its a great product and will make a hell of a difference.

davegrayburn

Mar 15, 2008
southend on sea
what problems did you encounter..i will be buying the downpipe and sports cat in april to complete my piper system but i do not have the opportunity to tweek my map

Avant4me

Oct 13, 2005
Bristol
Problems with the fueling, the engine was pulling 9.8 on timing correction which was generating a fault code for "engine torque limit exceeded" I had the car remapped again which stopped this. I then had the common problem with the exhaust sensor seeing too much gas and generating code P0420.

For all i know it could be an incompatibility issue between my original map and the pipe, or it could have just been down to the exhaust sensor position all along. I honestly don't know.

Either way, the piper product is excellent. The change it has made to the engine and responsiveness is amazing and worth the hassle i went through.

Neil_Ireland

Leon Cupra
Apr 27, 2006
Dublin
I fitted the full system inc down pipe and sports cat to my car, had it on the rollers before and after, gained 8bhp.

I did get this error after fitting it.

1 Fault Found:
16804 - Catalyst System; Bank 1: Efficiency Below Threshold
P0420 - 35-00 - -
Readiness: 0000 0000

The lambda was detecting too much flow due to the more efficient down pipe and cat.
I got an adapter to space out the lambda and it cured it completely.
wayne92slc.jpg

lambda.jpg

FRESHMODE

FRESHMODE
Oct 9, 2008
Staffordshire
I've got the full system too. Great sound, improved spooling/throttle response

Having common issue with the engine management light coming on but as in previous threads it is merely a result of higher flow exhaust and am ordering the spacer block to sort that out

overall well worth it though. I had mine remapped after exhaust fitted so not sure on that one

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.