Pipercross panel on my TDI

ashgtiturbo

Jun 23, 2009
Looking for a bit of advice here,

I have been offered a genuine (new in box) pipercross panel filter for £20 - However i have heard they are oily and can fudge up your MAF

Anyone had any good or bad experiences with these? I know the Jetex and green ones are popular and that most people shy away from K&N but the pipercross ones look good, specially being foam....

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
All performance filters are fairly similar in standard. I would go for it TBH. If you are worried about the oil, maybe give it a wash beforehand to remove some of the oil. The oil does help with the filtration though....

Harry1

Jul 19, 2011
Rayleigh Essex.
Guys i have had a K&N panel filter on my FR since i purchased it and i clean and reuse it as usual,

I have read a few posts now about damage to the MAF.

Would someone be so kind to let me know what the MAF is as i just havent a clue lol....

Atb Harry.

ashgtiturbo

Jun 23, 2009
Bought it, i might give it a rinse and a dry before fitting as just spent £80 on a new MAF!

Jim H

Mar 6, 2009
Teesside
I have heard some bad stores about Pipercross filters. In one case tons of **** was let through and damaged his turbo. The lad's vRS has 240BHP and now runs a standard paper filter. I have also read on Brisky, that some Green filters don't fit properly and even in some cases rust. See this thread

I'd be happy to fit a K&N filter to my car (I already have) and never heard anything bad said about them. Having said that, I fitted it whilst on a Rolling Road and gained a massive 1.1 BHP!

Harry1

Jul 19, 2011
Rayleigh Essex.
I have had a pipercross cone on my saff cosworth in the past and on full throttle it was collapsing on itself and the filter was imploding if thats a better word for it.

Sinc then i have always gone for the K&N cone or panel and this panel filter has been on my FR for over 3 years now and touch wood no problems at all.

It fits perfectley and nothing is breaking up and i always clean and give it a light dusting of the K&N oil.

Atb Harry.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise