Pirelli PZero?

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Probably chose Turanzas as you will get decent mileage from new.

Fit something grippier then get loads of complains when everyone having to change tyres in 1st year.

Still do not like Bridgestones myself however

Reactions: Supa Koopa

Angus Young

May 23, 2022
I don't think that Cupra would have marketed a performance car like the VZ with inferior tyres, that would have worked destructively against them!! Bridgestone Turanza T005 are very good tyres, they are not stupid at Cupra, being a performance brand, to fit unsuitable tyres to the car they are introducing themselves with. You may find what generally may be considered a better tyre, that is however quite subjective depending individually on the usage/climate/expectations, but in no way the factory fitted tyres in this case are subpar. Cupra, as most carmakers are choosing tyres that will perform well, handle well, be fuel efficient under most conditions, there is no perfect tyre for all conditions, so you win some you lose some but in no way they are fitting inferior tyres, this would have been like shooting themselves on their foot for a brand that handling and performance is their reference point.
All good points.

Napmasterflash

Jan 21, 2021
There is a place in East London I know that will do a great deal on re treads. Each tyre will be a different brand so you can sample all of them at the same time.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Unless you're doing track days, changing the tyres from the OEM ones is going to make pretty much zero difference apart from an unnecessary £600 hole in your wallet.

Supa Koopa

Mar 13, 2022
Unless you're doing track days, changing the tyres from the OEM ones is going to make pretty much zero difference apart from an unnecessary £600 hole in your wallet.
I sort of half agree, I don't really rate the turanza's at all but I don't like the car enough to spend £600 for a different set. I don't do track days, but I changed the standard Hankook's on my previous S3 to Michelin pilot sport 4's and there was a significant difference. The car just felt more planned and much more confidence inspiring. I'd love to try a decent set on my VZ 310, but it's unlikely it will need any before it is sold. :ROFLMAO:

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
I don't really rate the turanza's at all.

I actually do now quite rate the Turanza T001, the T005 must surely be better you would think,, but as already said, it's odd Bridgestone the worlds biggest tyre company gets poor reviews on car forums unyet, in professional tests they prove to be up at the top even when some tests don't compare like for like, I admit I never used to like them much due to noise however, they seem to solved this. having tried the new Potenza I think I'd struggle with other brands at present for many reasons, some of which are nothing to do with grip as there is so much more to a tyre, but test's show the Potenza to be at the top grip wise..

Reactions: Supa Koopa

Supa Koopa

Mar 13, 2022
I just think it's a strange choice on the VZ2/3 to fit a touring tyre which should be more focused on comfort then performance. On the hybrids it makes perfect sense, but his was a choice purely made on cost savings not on what was the best fit for the cars. One tyre across all models is much cheeper than specific tyres for the performance models. Not seen it yet but I'd be surprised if the VZ5 came with turanza's. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Angus Young

MrP

Formentor VZ Edition
May 15, 2015
My old S3 came with Turanzas from factory. I liked them at first. Really progressive grip, good noise and comfort. Not an all out performance tyre but a great all rounder which suited me fine.

But after a year they were all severely cracked, to the point I flagged it to Audi and Bridgestone. They blamed winter salt and tyre dressing and passed it off as safe and normal.

I also got a bleb in one from a pot hole. The only premature tyre failure in my life.

If my new VZ3 comes with them I'll be swapping immediately.

FYI my current Formentor has PZeros. Purchased used, main dealer VZ Edition at a year old and 4.5k miles. Dealer had already changed 3 of the Turanzas (before I even viewed the car) due to cracks. So I made them do the last as part of the sale.

The PZeros are a better tyre. Only complaint is they aren't designed for our climate. They take some heat to come alive. From cold they are too stiff and have compromised grip. The feeling from the tyre isn't progressive and differs day to day with ambient temperature and conditions. Wouldn't actively buy them again but wouldn't go as far as removing them if I bought a car with them.

Attachments

• IMG_20200617_164133.jpg
    IMG_20200617_164133.jpg
    573.9 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: Ninjakebab
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise