Pirelli PZero?

Angus Young

May 23, 2022
My old S3 came with Turanzas from factory. I liked them at first. Really progressive grip, good noise and comfort. Not an all out performance tyre but a great all rounder which suited me fine.

But after a year they were all severely cracked, to the point I flagged it to Audi and Bridgestone. They blamed winter salt and tyre dressing and passed it off as safe and normal.

I also got a bleb in one from a pot hole. The only premature tyre failure in my life.

If my new VZ3 comes with them I'll be swapping immediately.

FYI my current Formentor has PZeros. Purchased used, main dealer VZ Edition at a year old and 4.5k miles. Dealer had already changed 3 of the Turanzas (before I even viewed the car) due to cracks. So I made them do the last as part of the sale.

The PZeros are a better tyre. Only complaint is they aren't designed for our climate. They take some heat to come alive. From cold they are too stiff and have compromised grip. The feeling from the tyre isn't progressive and differs day to day with ambient temperature and conditions. Wouldn't actively buy them again but wouldn't go as far as removing them if I bought a car with them.
Interesting info. Thank you.

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
My old S3 came with Turanzas from factory. I liked them at first. Really progressive grip, good noise and comfort. Not an all out performance tyre but a great all rounder which suited me fine.

But after a year they were all severely cracked, to the point I flagged it to Audi and Bridgestone. They blamed winter salt and tyre dressing and passed it off as safe and normal.

I also got a bleb in one from a pot hole. The only premature tyre failure in my life.

If my new VZ3 comes with them I'll be swapping immediately.

FYI my current Formentor has PZeros. Purchased used, main dealer VZ Edition at a year old and 4.5k miles. Dealer had already changed 3 of the Turanzas (before I even viewed the car) due to cracks. So I made them do the last as part of the sale.

The PZeros are a better tyre. Only complaint is they aren't designed for our climate. They take some heat to come alive. From cold they are too stiff and have compromised grip. The feeling from the tyre isn't progressive and differs day to day with ambient temperature and conditions. Wouldn't actively buy them again but wouldn't go as far as removing them if I bought a car with them.
TBH all tyres crack as they age with Mich. and Conti's of the top tyres appearing to be the worst. The damaged sidewall is unlucky, just be thankful Bridgestone have well a well build sidewall construction as tyres with a softer wall may have damaged the alloy.

The Pzero is not a direct comparison to the Turanza hence it needs warming up unlike the Turanza, so when warm hopefully it maybe better, although for me I'd have a Bridge. over any Pirelli for many reasons, cracking been one amongst others, but we are all different..

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.