Plastidip logo/chrome grill and needing opinion

Bas H.

Jun 12, 2018
Hi Guys,

I've recently sold my Cupra Bocanegra and bought a SEAT LEON FR MK3 2016. I've replace my trunk logo for a SEAT Cupra Copper-color one. Sadly, the front logo I received is too big for the 2016-grill what means I dont have a perfect match for the color at the trunk-logo :-(

1. Now I need some advise.
Since the front logo is too big, I want my logo to be in the same sort color as the back one. How should I get this done? I've found out SEAT did not made any copper-color front logos for the 2016's, only 2017- . (which are too big..) I think theres a way to get close to the color but I'm afraid the color is too much of a difference.

Example:
Dip Pearl Spray Burnt Copper
wkdpabc-dippearl-aerosols-burnt-copper-wheel-kit-3.jpg

2. Then, I've got a question about plastidipping the grill.
Is it possible to remove the chrome part of the grill or is the best way to do it by masking everything except the parts which need plastidipping.

Trunk logo:
vLU30ZU.jpg

UnworthyBean

Dec 6, 2019
The front grill is a bumper off job so I've heard so most people just wrap it in place. The front badge can just be popped off with a few tools and some wiggling though

Bas H.

Jun 12, 2018
The front grill is a bumper off job so I've heard so most people just wrap it in place. The front badge can just be popped off with a few tools and some wiggling though

I think Ill leave the front badge. I thought its easy to pop off the chrome bit of the grill.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I think Ill leave the front badge. I thought its easy to pop off the chrome bit of the grill.

You can pop the chrome bit out, I've not done it myself but I've seen the grills with the section removed.

Your best bet is to get someone like @Tony Thurston to make you a matching set front and rear. They're not contoured like the genuine badge, but he can do any colour you like...

Bas H.

Jun 12, 2018
Will the color difference be big when I plastidip it with the one from the startpost?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.