Platinum FR - wolf in sheeps clothing

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Started to replace some of the coolant hoses today, only done 4 of the small hoses at higher level. Will drain the coolant and replace the other 3 main hoses 2moro
image_zpse8k6k9el.jpg

image_zps0zodfwpl.jpg

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Got the other hoses fitted all except the radiator bottom hose - retaining clips were just too awkward to reach :cry:
image.jpg2_zpshinwdmud.jpg

image.jpg1_zpslvm8jcgc.jpg

Also got my new glow plugs ready to fit when I get my 10mm long reach socket:
image.jpg3_zpshk0ynesj.jpg

image.jpg4_zpsrvgfyoqp.jpg

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Where did you get your coolant hoses from, the silicon ones?

Cheers mate, I think it's the best colour - but of I'm biased!!!!!!!!
The hoses I got from ebay (Ramair) but to be honest I should've bought them from Darkside as they supply more hoses for just a few quid moe!!!!

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Still had EML light on after changing all glow plugs so decided to replace the harness (or Bridge, as it's called on official system)
Stripped her down to get into it - the harness is well taped in and runs under battery & air filter housing with the plug shown here at top of pic just under "white" tape:
image.jpg1_zpsqcaw3d1t.jpg

Unfortunately I'd bought a new harness from TPS and it turned out to be the wrong one :banned::censored: mine has 4 wires and not the 2 wire harness I bought. So a trip back to TPS next day - in wife's car:whistle:
So I got new (correct) glow plug harness from TPS, £39:
image.jpg1_zps1dei9gpu.jpg

Decided to wrap it in waterproof tape to make it more OEM:
image.jpg2_zpsafulbe9w.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsdowdtwd7.jpg

All plugged in then I routed as original:
image.jpg3_zpswngpjn3q.jpg

I ended up cutting out as much of the original loom as I could, it was well taped in so just left 2/3 in the tray!!!!!!!
Just managed to get everything back in as the rain came on in force :cry: so will scan 2moro to see if the fault has cleared :whistle:

Last edited:

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Was getting fed up with one of my headlights going foggy so managed to pick up a spare pair for £45 from local scrappy - and they were in not too bad condition:
image_zpsmccvcwlj.jpeg

Gave them a quick clean then set about polishing out the small stone chips (various grades of wet & dry used)
image_zps0p9lwnx4.jpeg

image_zpsmxlgb9nu.jpeg

Then gave them 4 good passes using orbital buffer with #83 Megiires polish followed by 3 passes with #80 Meguires polish:
image_zpssx76xz82.jpeg

Very happy with the result:
image_zpsf3c9gbl0.jpeg

image_zpslkgjwadu.jpeg

Gave them 2 coats of wax just for good measure :D
Will hopefully get them fitted at weekend - if weather stays good ;)

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Looking good Bruce, I'm back in a FR now as a daily whilst the LCR gets a makeover. Any chance you could post or pm me the harness pn please, got a feeling my new one needs a loom and my old silver one still does lol.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Looking good Bruce, I'm back in a FR now as a daily whilst the LCR gets a makeover. Any chance you could post or pm me the harness pn please, got a feeling my new one needs a loom and my old silver one still does lol.

Nice choice Josh
The harness number is 038971220D, hope you don't copy too much !!!!!!!!:lol:

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Cheers, my red one had a fault the other day, glow plug #2 electrical circuit intermittent so I think I'll be ordering 2x the harness'. I'm going to do a new RR for the tdi lol.

marcfr

Mar 26, 2014
Just read right through your thread , very inspirational. I have just purchased a red 2004 Leon fr and already done golf armrest and illuminating vents .

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise