Plato in for the season

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=1395

Quoted from BTCC.net:

Plato hoping for silver lining

Jason Plato will contest the remainder of the 2009 HiQ MSA British Touring Car Championship season in his Chevrolet Lacetti but under the new team name of Racing Silverline.

Additional funding from leading power tools brand Silverline and also Auto Windscreens means Plato, the 2001 Champion, can now look forward to mounting a full-on title bid in the Lacetti that will continue to be run by the RML squad.

Plato is sure to be among the front-runners in round two of the championship at the Thruxton circuit in Hampshire this coming Sunday (26 April). The track is the fastest on the BTCC calendar and the Lacetti has already shown tremendous straightline speed – as witnessed in Brands Hatch’s opening round where Plato was able to take a race win.

The Oxford-based driver, who lies fourth in the current standings, told btcc.net: “I’m delighted. Silverline and Auto Windscreens have been great and after everything that happened at Brands Hatch we’ve also caught lots of other people’s imaginations and had a load more interest, even though the world is having a bad time financially.

“Thruxton is of course a very fast circuit and if it was a drag race then the Chevrolet would be looking very good, but we don’t just go in a straight line – we go round and round so we have to get the car working through the corners as well. On paper, though, Thruxton should suit the Chevrolet.”

Confirmation of Plato’s participation follows announcements of two other exciting additions to the BTCC grid: last year’s series runner-up Mat Jackson will effectively race alongside Plato in a second Chevrolet Lacetti but under the RML banner while James Thompson, BTCC Champion in 2002 and 2004, is returning after a two-year lay-off to race a Honda Civic for former title-winning team Team Dynamics.

Plato added: “It’s great James is back. He’s a great character to have on the grid. We exchanged some pleasantries on the ‘phone earlier this week and both subscribed to the same view that at the weekend we will probably make contact at some point, even if it’s just a gentle love tap.”

get in my son

Last edited:

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
With Vauxhall set to leave at the end of this campaign (I really don't know whether to laugh or cry at that one) could a smaller works effort from that in the WTCC from Ray Mallock's team be in the offering?